This weekend's weather is supposed to be AMAZING

2»

Comments

• Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    Got in early so I can leave early and be out when everyone else is sitting in traffic. 8)
  • on the road
    on the road Posts: 5,631
    That's what I like about times like this. They're stuck in traffic jams swealtering away while we just cruise past them, cool as a cucumber 8) :lol:
  • Bhima
    Bhima Posts: 2,145
    Yep!

Went past a big jam yesterday, swigging some pineapple juice and eating a honey sandwich & banana. 8)

Good times! :lol:
  • teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100
    That's what I like about times like this. They're stuck in traffic jams swealtering away while we just cruise past them, cool as a cucumber 8) :lol:

If you're as cool as a cucumber you're not going fast enough! :P
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • on the road
    on the road Posts: 5,631
    I appear as cool as a cucumber to them :lol:
  • Bhima
    In this weather, it's the opposite! 25-30mph and I was freezing from all that air with my unzipped jersey. Stop at the lights and I'm sweating buckets from lack of ventillation!
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    Bhima wrote:
    freehub wrote:
    Where did you hit 63.5mph, I've never encountered any downhills capable of allowing that, not even cat and fiddle.

Actually, I got to 52 today on the Cat & Fiddle - there's an amazing stretch which does allow it, but it's not where you would expect, because it's on the way up to the top, from the Macclesfield end. Most of the time, I would use that bit for recovery, before the next uphill bit came but I was taking it easy today so decided to let rip!

Are you sure you hit 52? I was only hitting up to 45 on it today. Unless you did it lower down.
  • Bhima
    Deffo 52. Deffo a tailwind too.
  • geoff_ss
    geoff_ss Posts: 1,201
    Bhima wrote:
    freehub wrote:
    Where did you hit 63.5mph, I've never encountered any downhills capable of allowing that, not even cat and fiddle.

Actually, I got to 52 today on the Cat & Fiddle - there's an amazing stretch which does allow it, but it's not where you would expect, because it's on the way up to the top, from the Macclesfield end. Most of the time, I would use that bit for recovery, before the next uphill bit came but I was taking it easy today so decided to let rip!

I've ridden the Cat & Fiddle from Macclesfield on the way home to Belper from Manchester Airport after a Pyrenean cycle camping trip on the big ring on the climb! It's a strange hill that seems to be downhill at times. It's also not really a very difficult one in either direction. Though I haven't been over for a year or three - I may find it harder now :)

Geoff
    Old cyclists never die; they just fit smaller chainrings ... and pedal faster