Disk Brakes

MrChrisP
MrChrisP Posts: 321
edited May 2009 in MTB workshop & tech
Hello all.

I just wanted to ask a quick question about Disk Brakes. I've just recently gotten myself a bike that has disk brakes and used it for the first time properly earlier in the week.

Me and my mate did the red run at Glentress. Lots of fun as always and this time I was able to go faster with the confidence of having decent brakes.

We went down the first section and afterwards I found my front brake handle pulled a lot closer to the handle before the brake came on. When we got to the top the second section I found it was very tight again.

Because I'm still very new to this kind of biking I am still very reliant on my brakes and am just wondering if the front brake acted like this because it had heated up so much?

I checked for a possible leak in the cable but all was fine and as I say it returned to normal after I had not used it for a while. Is this something I need to et checked out or is it just because I am using the brakes too much?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.

Cheers,
ChrisP.
Kona Stinky Six
Kona Scrap
Scott YZ4

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    and the brakes are?

PS post in the correct section.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • MrChrisP
    MrChrisP Posts: 321
    Sorry was at work and couldn't remember the make. They're diatech anchor disk brakes.

Oh and apologies for posting in the wrong section. I should have paid a bit more attention to where I was posting. Had a few forums open and just clicked on the wrong one. If you can help me I promise it wont happen again :lol:

Ok even if you don;t help me it wont happen again. I'm not here to make admins lives a problem .

They came with the bike (Identiti Dr Jekyll). I bought it second hand so had it serviced a couple days before I used it so unless they're just really rubbish brakes I'm hoping the problem can be fixed..

Cheers
    ChrisP
    Kona Stinky Six
    Kona Scrap
    Scott YZ4
  • george.b
    george.b Posts: 41
    if the pads are self adjusting i find that often they change there adjustment through-out the ride, sometimes close sometimes far. it could possibly be from the fluid heating as well causing heat fade?
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    there is a lever adjuster where the piston push rod is attached to the lever.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown