Freewheel registration now open......

snooks
snooks Posts: 1,521
edited June 2009 in Commuting chat
As I said:

http://www.london.gov.uk/freewheel/signup/

Good to see they are publicising as well as last year ;) ....You'd have thought they would have sent out a email to everyone who went last year and let them know registration was open, guess not

Sign up, join in and meet up somewhere on the Sept 20th, put the date in your diaries now

Maybe a trip to the Morpeth afterwards??
FCN:5, 8 & 9
If I'm not riding I'm shooting http://grahamsnook.com
THE Game
Watch out for HGVs

Comments

• lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Bums. That's the day of my essex 100 charity ride...
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    "Kiddies beware! Dondaddyd is planning on a complete wipe out along the embankment only this time he'll be going faster!!!!"
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • snooks
    snooks Posts: 1,521
    It's not a race, remember ;)
    FCN:5, 8 & 9
    If I'm not riding I'm shooting http://grahamsnook.com
    THE Game
    Watch out for HGVs
  • alien
    alien Posts: 54
    i'll be going VERY early (whilst they're still setting up). Not repeating last year 'get there at 11am' chaos. *mutter* *mutter*
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    Taking the kids along this year to Silly Freewheel Racing will be suspended unless I can persuade my mum (who got her new bike last week) to come along and babysit the kids whilst I do a flying lap (or 3)........
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • OldSkoolKona
    OldSkoolKona Posts: 655
    Bummer, away that weekend :(

Was good craic last year, amazing to see so many people out on bikes in and around the centre of London. Went with Mrs OSK with the local group from Richmond (in fact that's where Snooks and I met). Sure, its not a fast blast, plenty of other days in the year if that's what you want. But as an event for those who would never consider riding into central London its excellent.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227

Is this the Essex Roads one?
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Gazzaputt wrote:

Sure is
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Gazzaputt wrote:

Sure is

Yep I'll be doing that ride as well.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Excellent. Team CJ will be going.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    I note this year the standard bigged up Boris for "extending the route", but it was shortened last year, I beleive it's now back up to the previous year's length.
  • Bassjunkieuk
    prj45 wrote:
    I note this year the standard bigged up Boris for "extending the route", but it was shortened last year, I beleive it's now back up to the previous year's length.

The route last year (08) was actually longer then the 07 route I think They both started at The Mall and headed along the river but turned around at different points.

In 07 we went down one side and back up the other of London Bridge but in 08 we carried along the river and turned around at Tower Hill. I think it was only marginally longer but the 07 route was "odd" as you rode on the wrong side of the road for the crossing of London Bridge :-) Still it was about 8/9 miles round which is plenty long enough for a fun ride that can be enjoyed by families with smaller children.
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    It was definitely longer last year, as BJUK notes...
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    Oops, my mistake, didn't go on the first one but saw maps and I thought it was longer.
  • scoobers
    scoobers Posts: 364
    Did this last year and it was a great day out. Have signed up again for this year.
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    I'd quite like to do it with a bunch of you - it was fun last year, especially meeting BJ and DDD, but I doubt I'll make it unless there's a BR posse organised.
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Well I'm miffed that I haven't received a personal email from the Freewheel org, :roll: but will attend as I missed it last year.

Now registered.
  • Chewy Cheeks
    Chewy Cheeks Posts: 234
    Took the middle boy last year - he loved it. Met lots of folk who we knew.

We had a lunch to celebrate and then he fell asleep on the sofa - blissful

Is there a adult/kid possee likely?
    No Babbit No, Look what Birdy doing
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Took the middle boy last year - he loved it. Met lots of folk who we knew.

We had a lunch to celebrate and then he fell asleep on the sofa - blissful

Is there a adult/kid possee likely?

After my mini SCR outting last year I'm under strict orders to involve the kids this year........
    At present I'm hoping to get the 2 eldest along at least and have roped my mum in who got a bike recently :-) The wife has also made enquiries as to "How do you get there" at which point we had a bit of an argument as I started asking "How exactly" not expecting her to want to cycle the 9-10 miles into town and instead use the train.........

Twas great fun last year, original plan was to meet DonDaddyD and Sewiman for a ride to Clapham hub then Snooks in the afternoon, SM couldn't attend due to a mechanical but me and DDD still had fun and even found BD on the way round (what are the chances!)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5