I have got to learn Chinese

pottssteve
pottssteve Posts: 4,069
edited June 2009 in The bottom bracket
so I can understand this:

http://hkbicycle.com.hk/index.php?lang= ... ws&nid=194

Until I learn to read the local lingo, would anyone care to supply a caption?
Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs

Comments

• pneumatic
    pneumatic Posts: 1,989
    That's a terrible paint-job on the lassie's bike. Typical bloke - gets himself some decent kit and then botches up something tacky for the lady. He didn't even buy her a decent pair of shorts. tight git! :evil:

Fast and Bulbous
    Peregrinations
    Eddingtons: 80 (Metric); 60 (Imperial)

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Try babelfish though you might have to use both Chinese languages to get a full translation.

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • White Line
    White Line Posts: 887
    Some online translator should be okay for the text. The images will be a pain though.
  • bobpzero
    bobpzero Posts: 1,431
    edited May 2009
  • Simon Notley
    Simon Notley Posts: 1,263
    The bicycle will magazine 44th issue of aerial transport arrives at the port, now the time forwards as an enclosure 'the bicycle small school along with the book' disc.

Apparently
  • kvct
    kvct Posts: 4
    i think it may take you awhile (say min 2-3 years) before u could start understanding a full page. there's just way too many different chinese characters. besides, this is traditional chinese character used for website. you may need to go to specific school to learn it (as it is infact less popular now adays) or taiwan to learn it. if i am not mistaken, the newer generation of hongkong population have standardized their mandarin in school to realign in what is used in china (which is simplified chinese character).

what do you mean by 'supply caption' btw? u mean translating them?

btw, the list of 'activities' in the here above mentioned weblink is only stating various updates of magazines arrival in hongkong / certain products status. the link doesnt really direct to other articles, except showing the front page of the here said magazines / photo of the product.

good luck. bon chance.
  • Rev\'d Gatlin
    Rev\'d Gatlin Posts: 190
    I found the English edition.

3575399665_8b3009ae35.jpg
    If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers.
  • gtitim
    gtitim Posts: 225
    she looks like shes about to fall off.
  • pneumatic
    pneumatic Posts: 1,989
    gtitim wrote:
    she looks like shes about to fall off.

she's just trying to avoid getting pink paint on her trousers.

Fast and Bulbous
    Peregrinations
    Eddingtons: 80 (Metric); 60 (Imperial)

• Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    The bicycle will magazine 44th issue of aerial transport arrives at the port, now the time forwards as an enclosure 'the bicycle small school along with the book' disc.

Apparently

Aaaahhh, there you go :lol:
  • soy_sauce
    soy_sauce Posts: 987
    the caption for the front cover is female cycling team with the lover following (then her name and his name) - thats the bottom sentence on the right hand side.

from the top:

I love summer, hug the outdoor. cycling diet battle

night ride, beautiful night view. all the must have gears

nothing interesting with the rest. mention some trail or place for cycling in Taiwan
    "It is not impossible, its just improbable"

Specialized Rockhopper Pro Disc 08
  • soy_sauce
    soy_sauce Posts: 987
    also metion how to brake safely, what SPD shoes and waht pannies or bag
    "It is not impossible, its just improbable"

Specialized Rockhopper Pro Disc 08
  • mmitchell88
    mmitchell88 Posts: 340
    It appears to be an advert for some kind of state-sanctioned dogging event.
    Making a cup of coffee is like making love to a beautiful woman. It's got to be hot. You've got to take your time. You've got to stir... gently and firmly. You've got to grind your beans until they squeak.
    And then you put in the milk.
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    It appears to be an advert for some kind of state-sanctioned dogging event.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: The National Championships around again already
  • Bunneh
    Bunneh Posts: 1,329
    Stan Collymore will be excited.
  • mmitchell88
    Ah Stanley. We've been expecting you....

http://football.guardian.co.uk/pictures/0,,1166371,00.html
    Making a cup of coffee is like making love to a beautiful woman. It's got to be hot. You've got to take your time. You've got to stir... gently and firmly. You've got to grind your beans until they squeak.
  • pottssteve
    There you go, then.
    Thanks for the translation, henry. I don't think I'll subscribe.

kvct - A caption is a few lines which describe the photograph. This can be funny (although the ones above are not, really! :wink: ).

I've just noticed that they are both track - standing. I wonder how long they did it for in order to get the shot? Or maybe they are leaning against a wall which has been photoshopped out.....

It's certainly not Hong Kong though - there's no polystyrene litter or dog sh!t on the beach....
  • mmitchell88
    pottssteve wrote:
    kvct - A caption is a few lines which describe the photograph. This can be funny (although the ones above are not, really! :wink: )

I apologise for my own contribution - I realise some users of this forum do take dogging quite seriously. :oops:
  • pottssteve
    I don't own a dog, my apartment's too small.......
  • mmitchell88
    pottssteve wrote:
    I don't own a dog, my apartment's too small.......

My hairy friend looks just like this.

Go on...do it...

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/191/471493619_7a9bcd7338.jpg?v=0
  • pottssteve
    mmitchell,
    That poor dog has a very resigned look on it's face, as if to say, "Here we go again. I'm all wet and now you want a hug. You're soooo needy."

Glossy coat though. :wink:
  • mmitchell88
    If the dog was wet, I wouldn't be worried - it's actually got the worst case of 'greasy hair' I've ever known a dog to have. We go through industrial quantities of balancing shampoo.

Anyway, I wasn't talking about the dog -- I was talking about the missus. You can't tell in the picture but she hasn't shaved her legs for months.

Is this thread well-and-truly hijacked? :oops: