Arsenal at Anfield 1989. 20th Anniversary today.

jimmythecuckoo
jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
edited May 2009 in The bottom bracket
Bloody hell, doesn't time fly?

I can remember Michael Thomas charging through the midfield like it was only yesterday 8)

Comments

• Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    I can remember hoping that he broke his neck with that rubbish backward sommersault :lol:
  • don key
    don key Posts: 494
    I was in Crouch hill and the roar was terrifying until we realised what had just happened.
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    that was a great night- it was a joy to behold the faces on the kopites coming into the boozer after the match!! :D
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • pneumatic
    pneumatic Posts: 1,989
    If, like me, you are a fully paid up gooner, you'll have received possibly the best party bag gift of all time at the start of this season:

A bottle cap remover that speaks when you connect it to the cap on your beer.

What does it say?

"Thomas, charging through the midfield. Thomas. It's up for grabs now!!!! CHEERING"

Every time I have opened a beer since August, I have remembered that night. It was the first time the not-yet Mrs Pneumatic fully appreciated just how much football can mean to a man. She still married me the next year! :D

Fast and Bulbous
    Peregrinations
    Eddingtons: 80 (Metric); 60 (Imperial)

• Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    I remember watching on tele, oh the horror. They showed the 2 goal again when they had the hillsborough/marina dalglish legends match the other week. Even as an LFC fan arsenal have always been one of those teams you dont mid losing to, they always seem to play attractive footy. Michael Thomas was looking well large though, looked like he'd been round John Barnes' for sunday lunch.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • on the road
    on the road Posts: 5,631
    I'm surprised Arsenal supporters are still going on about that, like it's the only thing they've won. Everyone's moved on, except them, they still seem to be living in the past. :?
  • mikey0303
    mikey0303 Posts: 134
    it was a great match and superb goal - Im not an Arsenal fan but its just one of those really memorable matches
    Cube Attempt 2011