Cheap sunglasses

truespin
truespin Posts: 155
edited May 2009 in MTB buying advice
I lost my sunglasses on Monday and am in need of some new ones before next weekend...

My old ones were a fiver from ebay but I can't find any similar now (I got them two years ago) :(

I've had a look at the Polaris Godfather http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=18979 but was a bit worried that the lenses would be too dark for when the sun isn't shining..? My old glasses had yellow lenses and worked well for all weather - I only really use glasses to stop mud and stones going in my eyes...

Any recommendations?

Comments

• boneyjoe
    boneyjoe Posts: 369
    edited May 2009
    Sunglasses in Britain? Whatever next?

No seriously, I bought a nice clear pair from Evans recently for about £15, that work just great, especially for dark, twisty, forest singletrack.
    Scott Scale 20 (for xc racing)
    Gary Fisher HKEK (for commuting)
  • k2rider
    k2rider Posts: 575
    aldi! seriously if all you want is to keep crap out of your eyes theyre all you need thats if they have them in stock of course.
    who cares?
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    Pop into Aldi see if they have any of the triple lens ones left for about £3 they look ok.

DHB ultralites from wiggle are cheap if you don't want to fork out for the triple lens ones and they have vented lenses too
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Bolle + Ebay.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • g3n1u5
    g3n1u5 Posts: 21
    i got some from argos for a tenner with yellow, grey and black lenses - lasted 9 months so far and cant complain
  • elPedro666
    elPedro666 Posts: 1,060
    +1 for the ebay Bolles

Otherwise I use DeWalts from B&Q, just a light tint & tough as old boots for about 7knicker.
    WTD:
    Green Halo TwinRail
    25.0mm-26.2mm seatpost shim
    Red X-Lite bling
    Specialized ladies BG saddle (white?) 155mm
    RH thumbie
    700x28c CX tyres&tubs
    Flatbars 620mm 25,4mm & swept, ti in an ideal world
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    Bolle Contour ESPs - utter bargain at £7.40 delivered. I have two pairs now!

Check ebay.
  • truespin
    truespin Posts: 155
    Good call - thanks a lot guys :)

One thing, clear, smoked or amber lenses..? I've only used the amber ones before and had no issues, are the smoked ones likely to be too dark in the woods with the rain beating down..?
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    truespin wrote:
    Good call - thanks a lot guys :)

One thing, clear, smoked or amber lenses..? I've only used the amber ones before and had no issues, are the smoked ones likely to be too dark in the woods with the rain beating down..?

If you get the aldi ones, they are triple lens, so you can have them all :P Not sure about the bolle ones, although I'msure I did see some triple lens Bolle ones of fleabay too.
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    Get the ESP Bolles - they change with the light.
  • tv
    tv Posts: 338
    how do you buy stuff from aldi? is it only in store cos they dont sell mtb stuff in the stores
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Yes they do, but only when it's on promotion (or when it's recently been on). Main problem is that the good stuff sells out very fast.
    Uncompromising extremist