Anyone ride around Delamere Forest recently?

Si78
Si78 Posts: 963
edited May 2009 in Routes
Hi,

Was just wondering if anyone has ridden around Delamere Forest recently.

Have not been there for many years. Can you still ride around there? If so, whats it like?

Im a beginner, so dont want anything too tricky, just somewhere nice to ride so i can get my fitness up.

Thanx,
Si
Why has my sig been removed by the admins???

Comments

• johnnyboy29
    johnnyboy29 Posts: 100
    Good evening matey.
    Yeah you can still ride around delamere haven't done so yet as i'm still new to the flock, but will be doing so in the not too distant future
    There's jumps, single track and plenty of fire roads to have a punt round so you'll be good for a days riding. If you look on their website it tells you all about the stuff they have there. If i'm not mistaken i saw a bit of Northshore going on too :D
    I live on the wirral myself so if you ever fancy a ride up here give us a pm and we can organise something.
    In the words of the GLC - Suicide is messy but it's money for free!!!
  • Si78
    Good evening matey.
    Yeah you can still ride around delamere haven't done so yet as i'm still new to the flock, but will be doing so in the not too distant future
    There's jumps, single track and plenty of fire roads to have a punt round so you'll be good for a days riding. If you look on their website it tells you all about the stuff they have there. If i'm not mistaken i saw a bit of Northshore going on too :D
    I live on the wirral myself so if you ever fancy a ride up here give us a pm and we can organise something.

Cheers johnnyboy,

I will have a look at the website

I didnt realise there was so much at Delamere...shows how long its been since I last went!

Im new to all of this too. Im looking for somewhere to ride so that I can improve my (almost non-existant) skills, without messing up other peoples rides, getting in the way of 'proper' riders, and basically without making a d*ck of myself.

Thanx for the kind offer of joining u for a ride on the wirral... I will deffo take you up on that when I feel a bit more confident on the bike :D

I guess the only way to get confident is to get riding

Cheers mate,
    Si
  • johnnyboy29
    johnnyboy29 Posts: 100
    Pleasure matey.
    I'm of the same standard as you on a bike like and the riding up here is good to get your confidence up.
    So don't be a stranger and come up. I work shifts so can do mornings, afternoons etc etc dept on what i'm working.
    Speak soon mate :D
    In the words of the GLC - Suicide is messy but it's money for free!!!
  • maddencj
    maddencj Posts: 2
    Hey,

I was there on Monday morning mate, I'm a newb as well and would defo recommend it for practice. I'm going again on Sunday morning to practice and get my fitness up. I was there pretty early with my mate on Monday and wasnt many people there so didnt make much of a D**k of myself lol. Enjoy!!

Ta,

Cal
  • Si78
    maddencj wrote:
    Hey,

I was there on Monday morning mate, I'm a newb as well and would defo recommend it for practice. I'm going again on Sunday morning to practice and get my fitness up. I was there pretty early with my mate on Monday and wasnt many people there so didnt make much of a D**k of myself lol. Enjoy!!

Ta,

Cal

Cool, glad you had a good time!
    Sounds ideal for me if there aint many people around!
    I looked on the delamere website, does look really nice.

What time did u go?

I saw on the website that the carparks open at 8:30... Im planning on going earlier than that so that NO-ONE can see me!!!

Just gotta get a bike rack that my bike actually fits on now, if I get that im planning on going either tomorrow or friday morning, early and on my tod :cry: lol

Cheers,
    Si
  • maddencj
    maddencj Posts: 2
    Yeah i got there at half 8 mate, that should be quiet enough for you.

I need a new rack as well, getting bikes in the back of my lil car aint good!!

Enjoy!!