The unofficial Etape Caledonia

rip_van
rip_van Posts: 8
Saturday the 6th of June, with Le Grand Depart from Escape Route in Pitlochry at 9am. The ride will be at a gentleman's/ladies pace, to encourage as many folk as possible who wish to show their support for the Etape being held in Highland Perthshire. As many local riders as possible are being encouraged to participate. :D

This is an unofficial ride, with no support, so you will need to bring your own tubes, food etc. The plan is to stop in Kinloch Rannoch for morning coffee and cake and Castle Menzies, near Aberfeldy, in the afternoon for the same. The roads will be open so the usual road rules apply and you ride at your own risk. There are many get out options if the full route is too far or you are short of time.

THERE MAY STILL BE TACKS ON THE COURSE FROM THE OFFICIAL EVENT. :twisted:

Comments

• GavH
    GavH Posts: 933
    Hmmm. This is clearly thumbing noses at the anti-lot who ruined this years Etape. I think I like it! However I'm not convinced it will further the cause of the Official Etape. Perhaps quite the opposite.
  • Rip Van wrote:
    Saturday the 6th of June, with Le Grand Depart from Escape Route in Pitlochry at 9am. The ride will be at a gentleman's/ladies pace, to encourage as many folk as possible who wish to show their support for the Etape being held in Highland Perthshire. As many local riders as possible are being encouraged to participate. :D

This is an unofficial ride, with no support, so you will need to bring your own tubes, food etc. The plan is to stop in Kinloch Rannoch for morning coffee and cake and Castle Menzies, near Aberfeldy, in the afternoon for the same. The roads will be open so the usual road rules apply and you ride at your own risk. There are many get out options if the full route is too far or you are short of time.

THERE MAY STILL BE TACKS ON THE COURSE FROM THE OFFICIAL EVENT. :twisted:

Jolly good idea and one that should be supported. Remember that it was only a minority that complained and I am sure that the using local facilities will demonstrate that cyclists do bring trade. It is easy to forget the number of people that turned out to support the passing cyclists at the official event. I am sure that you will welcomed on this day too.

Hope you have a great day.
  • Dr U Idh
    Dr U Idh Posts: 324
    Personally, I think you're daft. It's very likely that there will still be a lot of tacks on the route. Does anyone know whether or not the council sent round a road sweeper?