Victoria Pendleton in FHM

scotchio3
scotchio3 Posts: 24
edited June 2009 in The bottom bracket
In the new issue of FHM is an 8 page feature on Victoria Pendleton along with a whole raft of sexy pictures. On sale Thursday 28th May.

b4b1a437051839.gif f2545337051842.gif ad724437051844.gif

Comments

• jimycooper
    jimycooper Posts: 740
    surly shes above this? no? shes world champion ffs.
  • Harry B
    Harry B Posts: 1,239
  • mmitchell88
    mmitchell88 Posts: 340
    Harry B wrote:
    linky linky?

For this one, I go hardcopy. May need two issues to be on the safe side (posterity, etc - you know the sort of thing).
    Making a cup of coffee is like making love to a beautiful woman. It's got to be hot. You've got to take your time. You've got to stir... gently and firmly. You've got to grind your beans until they squeak.
    And then you put in the milk.
  • RickyG
    RickyG Posts: 58
    jimycooper wrote:

If someone threw a load of money at me for a day's work to whip my top off I'd go for it, World Champion or not.
    Strava name: Richard Gawthorpe
  • Soul Boy
    Soul Boy Posts: 359
    Think we may have found the answer to all those querying "where can I get decent womens cycling gear from?" :wink:
  • mmitchell88
    RickyG wrote:
    jimycooper wrote:

If someone threw a load of money at me for a day's work to whip my top off I'd go for it, World Champion or not.

Don't listen to RickyG - I'll do it for nothing. Deal done - yessssssssssss!
    Making a cup of coffee is like making love to a beautiful woman. It's got to be hot. You've got to take your time. You've got to stir... gently and firmly. You've got to grind your beans until they squeak.
  • avoidingmyphd
    avoidingmyphd Posts: 1,154
    jimycooper wrote:
    and surely we're all above looking...
  • Rev\'d Gatlin
    Rev\'d Gatlin Posts: 190
    I think it's a disgrace, there are far more soft title opportunities for the girls to parade their pants in whilst the lads are limited to the occasional Radio Times cover. Come on UCI play fair.
    If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers.
  • jimycooper
    .... not that im complaioning :D
  • Ash_
    Ash_ Posts: 385
    edited May 2009
    I don't really see this sort of thing as being demeaning. It's certainly something she's happy with doing.

In addition, she's not just featured in FHM, she's on the cover. That's pretty good exposure (pardon the pun) for cycling as well as her. The more mainstream cycling becomes, the greater the chance of casual observers taking more seriously. That can't be a bad thing, right?

From what I can see of the pictures in this thread, they're some of the better ones of her too.
  • agnello
    agnello Posts: 239
    I think I will have to buy a copy and study the images before I am prepared to say whether they're demeaning or not.

It's only fair :twisted:
    Stumpjumper FSR Comp
    Eddy Merckx Strada
    Gios Compact KK
    Raleigh Dynatech Diablo
    Canyon CF CLX / Record
    Charge Plug 3
    Kinesis GF Ti disc - WIP...
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    nice
  • mmitchell88
    ^ 8)

SNF3108A_280_427890a.jpg
  • Yorkiand
    Yorkiand Posts: 35
    I wish I'd taken up a career in photography :lol:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    If someone wanted to throw money at me to do naked photoshoots I'd have them sectioned under the mental health act.
  • Infamous
    Infamous Posts: 1,130

For this one, I go hardcopy. May need two tissues to be on the safe side (posterity, etc - you know the sort of thing).
    fixed
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    Yorkiand wrote:

I tried and it was hard, very hard. :wink:
  • jimycooper
    downfader wrote:
    Yorkiand wrote:

I tried and it was hard, very hard. :wink:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    That should be dropping onto my doormat tomorrow, if the postie don't get hold of her first.

A word of warning to those who may be tempted to scan and post the images, DON'T, FHM are red hot on their images not being posted on public access forums on the internet, they have been known to take action on sites that have and had them closed down.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    YE GODS!!! :D:D:D

*saves image in w@nkb@nk* :twisted:
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686

Most people just donate money to charity or blood to a blood bank. I guess you have to have your hobbies. :lol:
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    downfader wrote:

Most people just donate money to charity or blood to a blood bank. I guess you have to have your hobbies. :lol:

i give blood too! :D
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • freehub
    Only 3 pictures? We want more...
  • Ash_
    Ash_ Posts: 385
    freehub wrote:
    Only 3 pictures? We want more...

Will - you're a student. Surely one of your housemates has already bought it, probably by the time you're reading this...
  • freehub
    All my housemates are girls
  • mmitchell88
    In that case, I would suggest you buy a copy for each of them. That way - when they throw the magazine back at you - you'll be showered by images of Vicky P.*

*It only looks like two sentences, but so much editing went into that to try to avoid looking like the sexist pig it appears I actually am.
  • agnello
    agnello Posts: 239
    the pictures are on the FHM website...

...obviously :idea:
    Stumpjumper FSR Comp
    Eddy Merckx Strada
    Gios Compact KK
    Raleigh Dynatech Diablo
    Canyon CF CLX / Record
    Charge Plug 3
    Kinesis GF Ti disc - WIP...
  • Roastie
    Roastie Posts: 1,968
    The woman is a goddess.
  • mmitchell88
    agnello wrote:
    the pictures are on the FHM website...

...obviously :idea:

We know that - but how would you propose being showered by images of Vicky P with your laptop. Ok, you can slide your face against the screen, but IMO that's not a sustainable strategy. You could leave the computer on the pillow next to you so she's there when you wake up, but far better to cut out the pics and lay them there instead.

Original hardcopy - that's the way to go. You get the magazine smell too.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    I used to see her and speak to her at the Velodrome. It's amazing what retouching and makeup can do. She doesn't look anything like that in person. Ok - maybe a LITTLE like that. :D