Fitting new chainring

mrushton
mrushton Posts: 5,182
edited May 2009 in Workshop
I have a TA Alize outer ring to replace the Shimano one. The TA has a couple of pins at opp.sides of the ring and a small engraved arrowhead. I presume the arrowhead is meant to indicate something, but what? Also, do the pins go in a certain area relative to the crank-arm?
M.Rushton

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    edited May 2009
    well as you seem to be really needing an answer.

is there a peg on it? this goes behind the crank arm to stop the chain jaming between the ring and the arm.

the bolt holes tend to be recessed on the out side are yours?

and the arrow would I guess the direction of rotation. it tends to be for most things.

EDIT Arrow like a triangle? help align the rings together, like shimano have a little bump in the inner face.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    edited May 2009
    No peg and the arrow points outward ie from the edge of the ring thro' the teeth Sort of a triangle with it's apex poiting outwards.

I lied about the peg. It's in a seperate bag in the box and it's a 'stop-drop pin' apparently.
    M.Rushton
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    see edit above. :wink:
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown