Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    IMG_0136.jpg

ghisallo.jpg
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    izzy2.jpg

Personally I wouldn't buy them again. Put them on my best bike and they stayed white just long enough for silly me to think they were actually practical (and order more :oops:)
  • Supergoose
    Supergoose Posts: 1,089
    I have to say I think white tyres look gash on any bike. :?
    Rock 'n' Roule
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    Red striped tyres + anything = win ;)
  • APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010
    Supergoose wrote:

I haven't heard that expression for ages :lol:
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    They look nice but when they get dirty they will look crap.

I don't think GP4000's are all that anyway, better tyres for cheaper, Krylions are better IMO, but the price of them has gone up too! :shock:

On that bike IMO just seems like there would be too much white with white tyres.
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    You can put them in the washing machine and they generally come up a treat. I'd recommend a 30/40 deg cycle (no pun intended)
    M.Rushton
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    mrushton wrote:
    You can put them in the washing machine and they generally come up a treat. I'd recommend a 30/40 deg cycle (no pun intended)

But do you want to take your tyres off every few rides? :shock:
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    If you are going the white tyre route that's how it must be. Imagine the ignominy of turning up with your bike and white shoes gleaming but your tyres dirty.
    M.Rushton
  • LardLover
    LardLover Posts: 676
    They'd be going on a mostly black bike so I don't think a bit of fade/greying would be an issue. The only other white is the corners of my saddle and the writing on my wheels.

Hmmm, I was convinced that it would look crap but after seeing NapoleonD's I'm not certain anymore 8)

Lagavulin, dude your pic isn't loading.
  • pianoman
    pianoman Posts: 706
    My winter wheels have white stripes down the tyres, the Schwalbe Stelvios. Just like an F1 car with its "option" tyres if you will.

Always a foolproof way of knowing how to set myself up when the roads get slippery :P
  • Ash_
    Ash_ Posts: 385
    LardLover wrote:
    They'd be going on a mostly black bike so I don't think a bit of fade/greying would be an issue.

Ah, but they don't always fade. Surprisingly too, they don't turn grey either. They start going a sort of very light brown. Obviously this looks awful. White tyres are a bad idea...

Unless of course you've got a Wilier - those white frames also go a light shade of brown, so the tyres would match perfectly!!!
  • on-yer-bike
    on-yer-bike Posts: 2,974
    Its even more insane than white bar tape. I've heard that white tyres don't grip as well.
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo
  • Bhima
    Bhima Posts: 2,145
    I used to have white tyres/bar tape but now I have red, which hasn't faded at all, even in rain.

The white tyres stayed white all summer, but went grey as soon as they saw rain. just wiped them down with a cloth and they were back to normal! Strangely, my white bar tape stayed white too - not sure why other people's white tape never does...? Dirty hands/gloves?
  • simmo3801
    simmo3801 Posts: 486
    Supergoose wrote:

Gash - likewise not heard for years :D:D
    Giant Anthem X3 2013