New shorts

truespin
truespin Posts: 155
edited May 2009 in MTB buying advice
I've only been out for a few rides this year :( but have been out a few times in the past week and realised my shorts (humvee) are rather tatty...

Any recommendations on some new padded shorts? I ride XC and a bit of AM on a Malt 4 hardtail.
I quite like the look of the Race Face VO3 but wasn't sure if anyone had experience with them?

Comments

• Bungalow Bill
    Bungalow Bill Posts: 643
    I almost did get a set but Altura Summits where half price at the time. But they seem to do the job and Race Face are pretty reliable so go for it =]
    I use all 9 inches.

Sabrina
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Altura Mayhem, cheap and good.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • rackgaki
    rackgaki Posts: 309
    I almost did get a set but Altura Summits where half price at the time. But they seem to do the job and Race Face are pretty reliable so go for it =]

did you get em form rutland cycling, i got a pair in the sale there and they are ace
    Dont you just love Marin's...i sleep with mine
  • Bungalow Bill
    Bungalow Bill Posts: 643
    No, got them from wiggle I think, they rock am gona get another pair this month.
    I use all 9 inches.

Sabrina
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    Best skinnies you can afford, then a pair of Sombrio WIldcards on top.
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • HardrockRob
    HardrockRob Posts: 230
    Tried a couple of different styles of Alturas, then couple of weeks ago bought a paid of Spesh Trail shorts, and really impressed with them, so will be sticking with them in the future. The 08 shorts are slightly longer than the 09's (to knee, or just below).

Highly recommended.
    2015 Nukeproof Mega TR 275 in raw