Clipless pedals and the law

13»

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Bhima wrote:
    I have been stopped at night for having no reflectors!

I made some LED lights recently which I made on an old cut-down belt so you can put them round your ankles. They had light all 360 degrees round. I have also lined a helmet with LEDs all the way round too. I had both on as well as the usual flashing lights attatched to the bike but the officer said that "lights are no substitute for reflectors". :? That's the stupidest thing i've ever heard a policeman say, ever.

If only you knew!
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    bagpusscp wrote:
    OK, you lot who has a BELL fitted to their bike

I have one on my mountain bike - only because I haven't got around to taking it off :oops: Had the bike six weeks or so, and only used it a handful of times though.

An even bigger sin - I have today noticed that there is a clear plastic spoke protecter ring behind the cassette.
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    bagpusscp wrote:

I have one on my mountain bike - only because I haven't got around to taking it off :oops: Had the bike six weeks or so, and only used it a handful of times though.

An even bigger sin - I have today noticed that there is a clear plastic spoke protecter ring behind the cassette.

holy-facepalm.jpg

Heh heh...
  • Underscore
    Underscore Posts: 730
    bagpusscp wrote:

No, I don't. What is your point? It's not a legal requirement when riding a bike, only when selling one... and my road bike was supplied with one (along with wheel reflectors - another requirement at the point of sale) which I promptly removed as soon as I got it home...

_