Boris Johnson's 'near-death experience' witnessed on CCTV

megilleland
megilleland Posts: 786
edited May 2009 in Campaign
Footage of Boris Johnson's near miss with a lorry while out cycling shows the London Mayor lucky to be alive. The speed of the lorry passing over a speed hump opens its back doors causing it to crash into parked cars alongside cyclists. The driver of the lorry does not look to bothered considering the damage just done! Close one Boris.
The more you spend - the faster you go - the less you see.

Comments

• Rykard
    Rykard Posts: 582
    Hope they bust the lorry driver. Great place to overtake... left hand bend with parked cars on the opposite side. Obviously too close to the parked cars, looked tight on the bikes too.

Looked like he didn't seem to care too much..
    Cheers
    Rich

A Vision of a Champion is someone who is bent over, drenched with sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching.
  • Barrie_G
    Barrie_G Posts: 479
    That looks terrible, though it does go to show the need for proper high speed cycle routes not these shared with pedestrian things that the local authorities usually put in place.
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    I have been hoping to hear thsat the driver has been charged with the full Dangerous Driving.. nothing seems to have happened and it is clear in the way he took the corner and what witnesses in the press have said that he wasnt caring too much about his driving standard.

If someone had been in that car they could well have been dead. I also remember a lad at my school many, many years back got hit and killed when a lorries load came undone in a similar way and hit the lad in the head. That load should have been secured properly and it obviously wasnt. Our lorries at work have special locks to stop them opening (not sure of the technical term) like that.

Not good.

I know some people hate Bojo but I wouldnt wish anything of the sort like that on him or his team, or the owners of the parked vehicles for that matter :x
  • jthef
    jthef Posts: 226
    I can not condone the driver too fast etc! !
    But the speed humps did not slow him down they just opened the door on the RORO (probably the door lock not fully secured).
    If his boss has seen the Vid I bet he is now looking for a new job.