Possible bruised pelvis?

andyturner28
andyturner28 Posts: 1,225
I had a big off at Brechfa on monday landing heavily on my right thigh and lower back. There is bruising everywhere around my upper thigh but the worst pain is right above my right buttock. Went to the doc's on Tuesday and he reckons i have bruised the pelvic done after pushing down on the front right of the pelvis as i was lying on my back. The thing is it only hurts when i walk, climb up the stairs and more significantly when i peddle really hard, and there is no bruising around the area at all. If i stand with feet flat on the floor it's fine, but when i put all my weight on my right heel it hurts.

Dose this sound like a bruised pelvis to anyone, or is it muscle damage? Either way i'm getting worried as we are going to Glentress and Inherleithen on the 31st May and i really don't want this to spoil it.

Comments

• myopic
    myopic Posts: 692
    I had an almost identical fall that left with me with very similar symptoms after I hit a patch of ice in December. Its gradually got less painful, but I'm still hurting a bit 5 months later. Bearable, but if I jar it, its bad. I can still ride OK, though it stiffens up afterwards. I put my slow recovery down to age - hope you get over it quicker
    You don't need eyes to see, you need vision
  • andyturner28
    Agh so do i! If it's still this bad in 2 weeks i am going to cry as have been looking forward to Scotland for months. I'd better get some bloody strong pain killers from the doc's then :roll:
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    I've nothing useful to add but I had a nasty fall at Brechfa a few weeks ago on the red run ('red' my @rse - it was bloody scary :shock: ) so I sympathise!!

I would get some serious painkillers and then go for it 8)
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • andyturner28
    sarah75 wrote:
    I've nothing useful to add but I had a nasty fall at Brechfa a few weeks ago on the red run ('red' my @rse - it was bloody scary :shock: ) so I sympathise!!

I would get some serious painkillers and then go for it 8)
    That's the plan :wink: Just ordered some armored shorts too.

The Gorlech is a pretty tough trail after 2 days riding the easy (but still great) trails at Afan. Out of our group of 7 we had 8 crashes that day, it was carnage! Where about's did you crash? I went over the bars trying a double on the optional jumpy bit near the start, then just after the first lot of MASSIVE berms where the trail dose a right and gets very loose and flinty. Was like i'd hit a patch of ice!
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    I came off on the berms towards the end of the trail.... I am usually pretty good at them (enjoyed the black run and Whites Level) but these were NASTY and very steep which spooked me a bit! It was also raining which didn't help, and I skidded and came off :oops:

I then walked the rest....!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Ah gorlech in the wet, ridden it once and it rained. my conclusion was could be a great trail but held up terribly in the pet sludgy and not very good drainage.

been promising to head back when its dry but its rained solid for pretty much a year since then lol
  • andyturner28
    Ah gorlech in the wet, ridden it once and it rained. my conclusion was could be a great trail but held up terribly in the pet sludgy and not very good drainage.

been promising to head back when its dry but its rained solid for pretty much a year since then lol
    Apart from the odd wet and muddy patch, it was pretty much bone dry last monday, and despite trying to kill myself i enjoyed it a lot more than April last year after 3 months of solid rain and after the Trans Wales had wrecked the place. All the really loose flinty bits at the start are now a lot less leithal (with the exception of the bit that claimed me :evil: ) and the berms and jumps are now as smooth as butter. The only bummer was all the fireroad and the detour around 2 ST sections due to bloody logging which wasn't mentioned either on the webby or in the car park :evil: :evil:

Anyway bringing this back on topic, my back is still killing, but i managed to do a 40+ mile Kent-Trails ride on Sunday, so if i can get hold of some extra strong pain killers i should be good for Scotland. It's annoying though because just when i think it is getting better i stand up after watching TV for an hour or so and it's like i have been stabbed in the back again :evil:
  • SCKernow
    SCKernow Posts: 4
    If your symptoms continue for an extended period of time (6 weeks +) it may be worth ringing your local community/district hospital and seeing if they operate a physiotherapy drop in clinic (not everywhere does it but becomming more common) as there's less chance after that period of time that your pain is sorft tissue related. I can understand that "Bruised pelvis" may sounds like quite a vague diagnosis but with your injury being only a week old, it's too fresh to be able to distinguish with any kind of certainty what you've done to yourself. Had any X-rays? Is the pain the same now or improving? If it's excruciating then head to A+E for an x-ray to rule out a fracture though you'd more than likely have done that by now if the pain was severe.
  • andyturner28
    SCKernow wrote:
    If your symptoms continue for an extended period of time (6 weeks +) it may be worth ringing your local community/district hospital and seeing if they operate a physiotherapy drop in clinic (not everywhere does it but becomming more common) as there's less chance after that period of time that your pain is sorft tissue related. I can understand that "Bruised pelvis" may sounds like quite a vague diagnosis but with your injury being only a week old, it's too fresh to be able to distinguish with any kind of certainty what you've done to yourself. Had any X-rays? Is the pain the same now or improving? If it's excruciating then head to A+E for an x-ray to rule out a fracture though you'd more than likely have done that by now if the pain was severe.
    It's feeling much better now. Rode on Wed and competed in my first ever race at Fowlmead last night and it didn't give me any problems at all. The only thing concirning me now is i have a lot of swelling around the side of my thigh and groin from where the top tube must have wrapped round me as i fell, and because of the swelling i can't really stretch my back properly in the morning (Have to bring my knees up to my chest every morning to stretch all my lower back muscles or i have problems) so i am having a lot of back aches lately. Might go and see the doc again about the swelling again on Tuesday as in one point it's like rock hard :shock: