Rolling resistance pah!

itboffin
itboffin Posts: 20,052
edited May 2009 in Commuting chat
Due to special circumstances ie I am sick of repairing tiny tiny tiny pin prick punctures I'm going to fill my touring rear wheel with concrete, can anyone advise on

A. expected handling
B. why this keeps happening to ME!!! :evil:
Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.

Comments

• tardington
    tardington Posts: 1,379
    A: I'm sure it will be fine

B: You weren't nice enough out the Kharma, so DDD is sneakily sabotaging you.

C: Sure with modern technology you could get solid read tyre? Filled with hardened foam of some kind?
  • Stone Glider
    Stone Glider Posts: 1,227
    Itb, are you going to get a Sheldon Brown "Real Man" saddle, made of granite boulders washed by the Atlantic, as well?

You will have heard it before, but it is true, these things come in batches. You are "filling your quota" and then due time off :?
    The older I get the faster I was
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Just lucky I guess - get some Schwalbe Marathon plus - they'll probably have a similar rolling resistance to filling your back tyre with concrete :twisted:
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Don't you live near lanes, which will probably have thorns or similar on the road, or the guff that's washed onto the road in the rain?
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    cjcp wrote:
    Don't you live near lanes, which will probably have thorns or similar on the road, or the guff that's washed onto the road in the rain?

:twisted:

http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12611775&start=60
    itboffin wrote:
    2 more this weekend taking the total this year to 19 :shock:

These two are the best so far, one on the beast which hasn't been ridden or even moved in over a 2 weeks & the other on my tourer which has been hanging on the wall for 2 weeks or so.

odd!

Nope... it's Karma
  • Stone Glider
    Itb, I noticed on another thread your praise of CO2. Could your deflations be linked with using CO2? which leaks through the tubes in time. No evidence of failure as nothing has failed :?

Otherwise you must have been a bad person in a previous life. FACT
  • itboffin
    Itb, I noticed on another thread your praise of CO2. Could your deflations be linked with using CO2? which leaks through the tubes in time. No evidence of failure as nothing has failed :?

Otherwise you must have been a bad person in a previous life. FACT

What are you talking about i'm bad in this life FACT!
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Stone Glider
    Oh well, concrete it is then :!:
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    sorry to ask a (semi) serious question but what tires do you use?
  • itboffin
    sorry to ask a (semi) serious question but what tires do you use?

Wot me?

Conti ultra sport & conti mountain king (kevlar super expensive rubbish) of those two

in fact almost all my visits are on conti shod bikes
  • Frontbum
    Frontbum Posts: 100
    Continentahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!
    how do you spel spelchek?