Worst thing you have forgotten to bring?

blu3cat
blu3cat Posts: 1,016
edited October 2009 in Commuting chat
Well this morning, had to be at work early, so up early and packed in double quick time.

Made it in to work in a sensible time, and get my stuff out to get changed.

What, where are my work trousers???? :roll:

So I am now sitting here, in my work shirt & (thankfully) baggies.

So what's the worst thing you've forgotten on your commute?
"Bed is for sleepy people.
Let's get a kebab and go to a disco."

FCN = 3 - 5
Colnago World Cup 2

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    My bike!
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • tuxpoo
    tuxpoo Posts: 138
    itboffin wrote:
    My bike!

+1 ... all to often at the moment :(

Tux
  • bratboy
    bratboy Posts: 82
    My locker keys - so no access to clothing and wsh kit ! I'd just done about 15miles when I realised I'd forgotten them (I was about 1 mile from work) and decided the best option was to hammer it home, the short 10 mile route) and work from there for the day instead :roll:
    SC61.10a: FCN 3, with clip-on guards for winter
    Uncle John: FCN ?? knobblies, or 'fat' slicks n guards

If you haven't tried these things, you should.
    These things are fun, and fun is good.
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Underpants - had to go commando all day....."wet penny in your pocket, sir?"

Doh!
  • Towel!

Dripping dry (shivering) in the not-quite-as-warm-as-it-could-be basement changing room wasn't pleasant. I now keep an emergency reserve towel in my locker.
    Never be tempted to race against a Barclays Cycle Hire bike. If you do, there are only two outcomes. Of these, by far the better is that you now have the scalp of a Boris Bike.
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Mine was a dress. I often wear dresses at work, and that one morning I totally forgot it.

Had everything else, but no dress. Went to M&S and got another one. Thank god it opens at 0900.
  • Deadeye Duck
    Deadeye Duck Posts: 419
    Keys to bike lock...

Gave me an excuse to buy a better one though :)
    Schwinn Fastback Comp : FCN 5
    The Flying Scot : FCN 515q6cuv.png
    My Life, My Bike & My Xbox
  • Stuey01
    Stuey01 Posts: 1,273
    Not too bad at this.
    Forgot socks once and had to go and buy some. Regularly forget my work pass when I don't cycle as it lives in my commuting rucksack. Thankfully this is getting rarer and rarer (the not cycling thing, incidents of forgetting pass still run about 90% of the time that I get the train)
    Not climber, not sprinter, not rouleur
  • emdeef
    emdeef Posts: 98
    Forgot my whole bag - Carradice SQR which I left propped against the side of the house. So no money, keys, phone, work id badge etc. Luckily my wife noticed and made a detour to drop it in at reception. Got nearly all the way to work before I noticed - I need the ride to work to wake up fully.
  • always_tyred
    always_tyred Posts: 4,965
    A shirt.
    Pants.
    Socks.
    Shoes.
    Dinner money.
    Soap.
    Office keys.
    Front door keys.
    Spare tubes, other roadside repair stuff.
    My head.

Not all on the same day.
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    My uniform for work! that didn't go down well and I was given a spare which was about three sizes too big and a pair of boots a size too small :shock:
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Aside from a pump or innertubes (never both)...

I've forgotten a shirt, which was hugely annoying as there is nearly no where to buy a decent one where I work. I had to settle for a linen number that was a little too tight...
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Jen J
    Jen J Posts: 1,054
    Not something I forgot to *bring* as such, the first time I did a brick training session, I stashed my bike at home and went out for a run. I was halfway down the road when I realised I still had my bike helmet on... :roll:
    Commuting: Giant Bowery 08
    Winter Hack: Triandrun Vento 3
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • soy_sauce
    soy_sauce Posts: 987
    forgot to bring my jeans once but lucky my waterproof trousers is not too baggy(or dirty) for work.

the worst one was the bike lock. end up packing my bike right outside the window from my desk, and worry about it when going into meeting. :(
    "It is not impossible, its just improbable"

Specialized Rockhopper Pro Disc 08
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    [off topic] What is a brick training session [/off topic]
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Jen J
    Jen J Posts: 1,054
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    [off topic] What is a brick training session [/off topic]

Combining two or three of a swim/bike/run for triathlon training
    Commuting: Giant Bowery 08
    Winter Hack: Triandrun Vento 3
    Madone

It's all about me...
  • bomberesque
    bomberesque Posts: 1,701
    the key to my locker at work. Had to spend the whole day in bike kit and sans shower. hmmmmm smellly

also once left my house keys at work then rode home. Had to wait on teh step fro an hour before mrs B arrived home to let me in

obviously not on the same day...
    Everything in moderation ... except beer
    Beer in moderation ... is a waste of beer

If riding an XC race bike is like touching the trail,
    then riding a rigid singlespeed is like licking it
    ... or being punched by it, depending on the day
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Sort of in reverse, but I've left my house keys in the office, on the same keyring as the fob which allows me to get into the office to get them...
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    Everything at some point - keys so I had to take my bike into the office.
    Staff pass a few times, but luckily the security guards know me.
    Trousers a few times, once I had to nip in and buy a new pair, but usually have a spare pair in my drawer just in case, ditto pants and socks.
    wallet
    lunch - many many times

Once on the way to work I lost a pannier. Somehow it came off and I didn;t notice - I was a bit shaken having seen the aftermath of a road traffic accident which left me a bit shaken (dead pedestrian under a lorry). spent the whole fo the rest of the day retracing my steps, on the phone to various police stations, and finally it turned up at Stratford Police station.
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    Seems the good Commander forgot to pack his pants when he cycled to work on day from Dartmouth to HMS Drake at Plymouth. He keeps spare uniform in work so had no problem there, but it seems that RN issued trousers chaff a bit :shock:
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • snellgrove
    snellgrove Posts: 171
    I forgot my shirt once, so spent the day in work-trousers + base layer top half. contemplated going home at lunch (good excuse to ride again!)

A colleague in the office forgot trousers once, spent the day in his Scott lycra shorts. Had a meeting that day too!! :lol::lol:

I'm rubbish at remembering my cycle shorts. In fact, happened today.... I often wear my tights in as it's cooler at 7:30ish a.m (& my tights are just much nicer than my shorts :-) ) and then come home time find I have to wear them again. Little bit warm they are on the way back!! :roll:
  • Stuey01
    Stuey01 Posts: 1,273
    NGale wrote:
    Seems the good Commander forgot to pack his pants when he cycled to work on day from Dartmouth to HMS Drake at Plymouth. He keeps spare uniform in work so had no problem there, but it seems that RN issued trousers chaff a bit :shock:

You don't half talk about this guy a lot, you should ask him out.
    Not climber, not sprinter, not rouleur
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
    Not exactly on topic

I combine driving and commuting. On the drive leg the front wheel is removed & the bike goes in the car boot. On reassembling the bike I forgot to connect the brake quick release.

Imagine my suprise :shock:
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • tardington
    tardington Posts: 1,379
    I did that once... Now exactly 12 seconds after I set off I try both brakes just to make sure... :shock: Bet you do too now!
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,695
    My locker key.

I leave shoes and a jacket in a locker so that I don't have to carry them backwards and forwards. I had to skate around in SPD-SLs all day.
  • Levi_501
    Levi_501 Posts: 1,105
    I have forgotton socks and towels on occasions.

Standing in the shower room trying to drip dry and dry yourself down in a sweaty t shirt, MMmm... nice !

One of the best ones, was when I forgot the razor blade ! Shaving creamed up and everything, then realised I did not have the blade !
  • a spare pair of bib shorts after a crash wich ripped my lycra seat pad out and my plums were hanging out :oops: :lol:

had a 20 mile cycle home with car drivers rubbernecking me :lol:
  • b0y1nterupted
    b0y1nterupted Posts: 124
    i've forgotten my underwear then told someone what i'd done, within about 5 mins everyone knew & one of the office woman used to ask everyday if i was wearing any :shock:

also forgot my house keys & had to ride to my sisters to get a spare :roll:
    FCN 4

thereback.jpg
  • doog442
    doog442 Posts: 370
    i forgot to pack some tea bags a few weeks ago

I knew we were getting low but never in a million years did i imagine that we had run out..completely :cry:
  • Christophe3967
    Christophe3967 Posts: 1,200
    Keys to bike lock...

Gave me an excuse to buy a better one though :)

Bike lock this morning - took it to the pub on Friday. The curse of the Morpeth strikes again. That's ITB, Jash, LiT, me and DDD (who wasn't even there). Just as well DDD didn't bring Kylie - he did receive a visit from the PF for not going, but how much worse might it have been?