Save my bike frame please

dutchmegently
dutchmegently Posts: 4
edited May 2009 in Workshop
Hi all,

Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide.

I have a Fondriest Mega Plus bicycle frame from around 2005 that needs a replacement derailleur hanger. I have looked everywhere without success, and my recent attempts to contact Fondriest directly were met with a delivery failure message. Short of calling the company directly (which I will try on Monday), does anyone have any ideas?

FYI - I have tried the Fondriest hanger from derailleurhanger.com, but no joy.

Thanks...

dmg

Comments

• Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    Probikekit sell a whole range of hangers, well worth a look on their site. If they don't have the specific one you want you may find something as near as dammit or perhaps needing a small amount of fettling.
  • Thanks for the quick reply, Smokin, but probikekit appears to be simply reselling the derailleurhanger.com stuff, and I have fettled away on the closest match from there without success.

The search goes on...
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    tried Betd? do you have the old broken/bent one?

Call them as they can make to order.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • oldnslowcp
    oldnslowcp Posts: 81
    Have you tried here http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/find.asp ?

I once tried to obtain a hanger for my Dawes Giro 500, Dawes sent the wrong one and failed to answer any follow up query, so won't deal with them ever again. Derailleur.com replied with a "that's interesting, send us one if you find one". In the end I managed to bend it back into shape and it's still going.
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    what nick said, BETD will make you up a new one
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Try contacting Luciano Cycles - they sell the new range, they may be able to help. Also, Fondriest were known to sub-con a lot of manufacture to Viner who have a UK distributor, so it may be a Viner part. I would also suggest Betd too.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Wappygixer
    Wappygixer Posts: 1,396
    Try these http://wheelsmfg.com/component/option,com_frontpage/Itemid,1/
    I think Madisons deal with these so most retailers should be able to help