Very dodgy fixie ad on eBay

the_hundredth_idiot
the_hundredth_idiot Posts: 813
edited May 2009 in Road stolen
Sorry if this is an inappropriate post but this ebay listing has a nasty smell about it so I thought I'd post a link here just in case anyone recognised the bike:
bikke

And many apologies if this is your ad and it is all kosher. But, if so, you might want to make the ad look a bit less dodgy.
    a trendy looking "Bridgestone" (?) fixie but no information about how it was built up or its components
    doesn't even say it is a fixie, but it clearly is as there are no brakes
    with "some damage" - what, you mean like might be caused by hacksawing off a lock?
    photo appears to be taken in a public place (a schoolyard or something?)
    a brand new eBay account with no feedback
    "cash in hand" and "pick-up only"

:(

Perhaps I should post on londonfgss as well?
Never be tempted to race against a Barclays Cycle Hire bike. If you do, there are only two outcomes. Of these, by far the better is that you now have the scalp of a Boris Bike.

Comments

• brushed
    brushed Posts: 63
    Its a hot one for sure

No description at all and no feedback are definitely not good signs

In a similar vein there was a Chas Roberts Audax on ebay yesterday no more than a few years old described as a Roberts Cahse from the 1950s also looked well iffy but sold for £430???

:roll:
    FCN 4 summer
    FCN 6 Winter

'Strong, Light, Cheap : choose two' Keith Bontrager
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    Contacted eBay but doubt very much they will do anything.

Also what hope is there when you see this?

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/arti ... xpand=true
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    If you look at the other items he is selling there are an awful lot of bikes and some sim cards.The guy is clearly a bike thief and complete feckin pond life.It can`t be too hard to nail the c~nt. Perhaps the busies should be told,it should be a nice ,easy arrest for them.
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • I posted this on london fgss as well. A couple of guys did a bit of digging there and it seems like the bikes are based all over the place - New York and so on rather than in London as claimed. Looks as if the eBay guy is posting random pics taken from flickr!
    Never be tempted to race against a Barclays Cycle Hire bike. If you do, there are only two outcomes. Of these, by far the better is that you now have the scalp of a Boris Bike.
  • antfly
    Extremely dodgy.Has anyone contacted the police yet?
  • The theory on fgss is that it's a scam where the "winning bidder" turns up with a pocketful of cash and gets relieved of that cash by the "seller" and his mates.

One guy on fgss says that one of the bikes is his. Or, more precisely (I think), the photo is of a bike of his that was stolen last year (i.e. it's his photol). So he's reported the auction to the police.

fgss thread
  • dilemna
    So there are no bikes for sale at all, just a scam using pics of bikes to extort cash from gullible people?! Or in case of chap of fgss a bike is stolen photographed and then sold multiple times over and again. Nasty people in all likelihood.

I sent the seller an email asking how long he's owned the bike and where he bought it from? Where the damage is on the bike? Also what size the rear sprocket was? Unsurprisingly I haven't had a response. Who would bid on such a dodgy auction? One could easily be accused of handling stolen goods if you won and transaction took place.
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
  • antfly
    It`s pretty sickening but hopefully the police will mount a sting,it shouldn`t be too difficult, and perhaps they`ll go to clink.Although that`s probably the least likely outcome.
  • Soul Boy
    Soul Boy Posts: 359
    Ha ha, some very agressive bids going in.

Don't think the scummers selling any today
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Somebody is having a laugh, just seen the highest bid :shock:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • dilemna
    Haha!
    Winning bid £20,100.00. Some one is going to get a shock either way. Several zero feedback bidders helped the price on it's way.
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • STEFANOS4784
    STEFANOS4784 Posts: 4,109
    :lol: Damn missed the action, listing removed. Hopefuly the got 'im 8)
  • appy
    appy Posts: 408
    he hasnt been banned though and is still giving me abuse lol its great
  • appy
    appy Posts: 408
    something along the lines of he has been intimate with my mother and missus ha ha

i just keep replying with links to job sites and immigrant stuff. seems to of hit a nerve lol
  • rocker9455
    rocker9455 Posts: 9
    Hey guys,
    he got the Royal LFGSS F*cking over :) courtesy of some of the gang, 1 guy got his account banned for trying to bid £1,000,000

http://www.londonfgss.com
    ^ thats the forum if anyones interested, it was great fun to read when they were doing it, one of the guys found out all the locations of the bikes, none were in the uk, he had just hotlinked from flickr pages. . . what a dumbass

Safe riding
    Will
  • rocker9455
    rocker9455 Posts: 9
    posted this on london fgss as well. A couple of guys did a bit of digging there and it seems like the bikes are based all over the place - New York and so on rather than in London as claimed. Looks as if the eBay guy is posting random pics taken from flickr!

Sorry the hundreth idiot, didnt read this when i wrote my post! whats your lfgss member name? the same!?