edited May 2009 in Road beginners
I have a chance to buy a new frame and forks

a. Cervelo R3 with 3T fork.... 2007 model 1500miles. £1000
b. Brand new S1, 3T forks, boxed £650

What shall i choose!!!!!

Comments

• giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Depends on whether you prefer an aluminium frame or a carbon one. I've ridden an 08 R3 and it was very nice. Plenty of 'get up and go' if you know what I mean.
  • jjbrit1031
    jjbrit1031 Posts: 21
    I currently Ride the R3 2009 and used to have the 2008 and all i can say is wow... it is such a good ride... stiff, fast and not to hard on the body. The s1 is a real racers bike, but with the alu frame will feel even harder.

If you are looking for a good work horse that will not need to be treated gently that you can also race... go for the S1

If you are like me and are more of a sportive rider who wants a great sunday bike... the R3 is fantastic...

They are both great bikes and I am sure you will be happy either way..
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    If it was for racing I'd defo go the S1...
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Yeah it depends what you're going to use it for ...
  • ducatiman
    ducatiman Posts: 50
    cool. i'll go for the s1... going to commute on it but mainly for sprint and half iron man triathlons
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Actually, in that case, you'll be wanting a bit more comfort, I'd go for the carbon. If it was something like criterium racing the stiffness, handling and cheaperness of the S1 comes into it's own. During a 50 mile TT you'll want to arrive at the transition nice and ready for the run. The R3 would be your best bet IMO.