SCR Trip See Page 1 for details

Comments

• hisoka
    hisoka Posts: 541
    Damn would have loved to do this, but most of my holiday is already gone this year (booked for my spainish tour starting next week).
    Might have to try to wangle some more, but can't do August which seems the most common want. double DOH!
    "This area left purposefully blank"
    Sign hung on my head everyday till noon.

FCN: 11 (apparently)
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    Ok peeps, Dunwich is pretty much free for all of August at the moment. It wouldn't cost us anything, other than the cost of the cleaner which would be about £10, and we can stay pretty much as long as we like.

I know the preference is for somewhere hilly, but if all else fails the offer is there, pics are here http://seadriftholidayhome.com
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Rich158 wrote:
    Ok peeps, Dunwich is pretty much free for all of August at the moment. It wouldn't cost us anything, other than the cost of the cleaner which would be about £10, and we can stay pretty much as long as we like.

I know the preference is for somewhere hilly, but if all else fails the offer is there, pics are here http://seadriftholidayhome.com

Looks nice Rich!

We also have a house in Rendlesham, not that far from Dunwich, although hardly round the corner (18 miles) which could be used as an overflow - it's usually for our engineers so not a thing of beauty but I can try to 'reserve'...
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    I've done a bit of research into Brecon cottages. Most don't take short bookings but there is one that does and can sleep 16, looks to be ideally located as well, let me know what you think. Looks to be no more that £100 each assuming all 14 can make it:

http://www.breconcottages.com/cottage_details/NEUCW
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Wow.

That is stunning! Good choice 8)
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • Rich158
    I've done a bit of research into Brecon cottages. Most don't take short bookings but there is one that does and can sleep 16, looks to be ideally located as well, let me know what you think. Looks to be no more that £100 each assuming all 14 can make it:

http://www.breconcottages.com/cottage_details/NEUCW

That looks fantastic, tbh I'd prefer the Beacons, far better riding, and I much prefer mountains to flat marshland :lol:

Dunwich is always there, and would cost bugger all so it would be ideal for long weekends at short notice. The offer is still there for anyone wanting a shower/coffee/brekky after the Dunwich Dynamo by the way.
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • lost_in_thought
    Looks good Jash!

One minor point, and I don't mean to be a real pain, but it's sleeping 16 across 4 bedrooms and a living room, and the calculation is based on 2 people sharing a bed in each bedroom...

Saying that, I don't know where you'd find somewhere where that wasn't the case.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    edited May 2009
    I aint sharing a bed with a dude.... :shock:

Sorry the Jamaican in me just came out...

But seriously could you imagine the conversation at work and with friends/family.

Person: "Laurence, what did you do this weekend?"
    Me: "Ah I went Cycling in Brecon"
    Person: "Oh that sounds lovely where did you stay who did you go with?"
    Me: "Ah, er, uhm, I went with 13 other people I met of the internet, we stayed in a cottage."
    Person: "Wow must have been a big cottage to hold 14 people"
    Me: "Yeah well it was er 2.3 people in a bedroom"
    Person: "So you shared a bed with a dude you met on the Internet"
    Me: "..............erm..........yeah.........I aint ghey though......"

Not a conversation I want to have. Least of which I don't even think I could explain it to my girlfriend. I also don't think sharing with a girl would make the explanation any easier....

If we're talking sharing a room.... er... yeah I could do that I suppose.... just ignore the massive padlock on my suitcase and gun under my pillow....
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Kieran_Burns
    Sleeping bags and camp beds snuck in would be the answer. I bet most people have something available - I have an inflatable mattress somewhere myself.
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • lost_in_thought
    Sleeping bags and camp beds snuck in would be the answer. I bet most people have something available - I have an inflatable mattress somewhere myself.

Me too - in fact it and a sleeping bag live in my car.
  • il_principe
    Yeah, or just found this place: http://www.heldbunkhouse.co.uk/booking.phtml
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    DonDaddyD wrote:

In which case, why are you bothered about sharing a bed with a "dude"?!?

:lol:
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • lost_in_thought

Hey, that one looks good too! Might be even better for the 'not sharing a bed' side of things...
  • il_principe
    Attica wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

In which case, why are you bothered about sharing a bed with a "dude"?!?

:lol:

:lol::lol:
  • Kieran_Burns

which sounds FANTASTIC until you get to the rules section:

"We regret that we cannot accept liability for death, injury, or loss or damage to personal property."

Just what the hell are they expecting to happen??? :shock:
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • il_principe

"We regret that we cannot accept liability for death, injury, or loss or damage to personal property."

Someone to sneak into DDD's bed...
  • lost_in_thought

A girl to sneak into DDD's bed...

Fixed that for you... :P

Seriously though, that one looks great.
  • Feltup
    Feltup Posts: 1,340
    Lads quickly make sure you bag a bed not with LiT; you know you would feel inadequate next to the Maxima :wink:
    Short hairy legged roadie FCN 4 or 5 in my baggies.

Felt F55 - 2007
    Specialized Singlecross - 2008
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
    Peugeot Tourmalet - 1983 - taken more hits than Mohammed Ali
  • il_principe
    Just left a message for the Held re August availability.
  • Rich158

+1, the inflatable mattress is the route to go.

No offence to anyone, but I'm not sharing my bed with some hairy arsed roadie in lycra :shock: Well not unless they've shaved their legs anyway, but Greg66 say's he can't make it :wink:

Revised FCN - 2
  • Lbaguley
    Lbaguley Posts: 161
    Code:
    Name..........Want..............Dates.........Location
    James.........Social rides......August........Not fussed
    Lindsey.......Social rides......August........Not fussed
    Rich..........Social rides......Not fussed....Not fussed
    Laurence......Social Rides......August........Not fussed
    Olivia........Social Rides......Not fussed....Not fussed
    roger.........Social ride.......August........Beacons
    Jon...........Social rides......Not fussed....Not fussed
    CJ............Social rides......August........Beacons
    Attica........social hills......Not fussed....Not fussed
    Jen...........pootles/running...Not fussed....Not fussed
    Mark..........Social rides......Not fussed....Beacons
    Christophe....Social rides......August........Beacons
    The Rev'd.....Free Love.........No idea.......Wales/Ireland
    Mark #2.......Social rides......August........must be pretty
    Lbaguley......Social rides.......August.......Not fussed

Not sure if i've done the whole code thing correctly so, sorry if it does not appear correctly :oops:

Otherwise, I'd be very much up for joining you peeps. I know I don't post much so you don't 'know' me, but I assure you I'm not a mentalist lurker or anything, I just don't have much opportunity to post whilst at work.

I am up for the more social aspect to the riding rather than the self-punishment of tearing up hills, but also kinda strangely look forward to seeing exactly how bad I am at them considering the worst I've had to contend with in the last year is Greenwich Park!
  • il_principe

• Totalnewbie
    Totalnewbie Posts: 932
    Not got time to read the whole thread (didn't see it before, will have a look later when I have time) but would def be interested pending arranging a dogsitter. Social rides only you understand...I'm not as speedy as you lot. Not a hill fan either, I get up them...but slowly.

I am away for a week from August 28 but apart from that August is good for me.
  • Rich158
    Lbaguley wrote:
    Code:

Not sure if i've done the whole code thing correctly so, sorry if it does not appear correctly :oops:

Otherwise, I'd be very much up for joining you peeps. I know I don't post much so you don't 'know' me, but I assure you I'm not a mentalist lurker or anything, I just don't have much opportunity to post whilst at work.

I am up for the more social aspect to the riding rather than the self-punishment of tearing up hills, but also kinda strangely look forward to seeing exactly how bad I am at them considering the worst I've had to contend with in the last year is Greenwich Park!

Hey, it's good to here from someone else south of the river :lol: I go through Greenwich Park most day's, what are you riding, I'll give you a shout if I go past. I'm on a red Trek, with a blue deuter rucksack.

Revised FCN - 2
  • Lbaguley
    Hi Rich158

I've just moved to Westcombe Park, so just to the east of Greenwich Park. I either go up Maze Hill or Vanbrugh Hill ( :shock: ) on the way home. I'll keep an eye out for you between Greenwich and town though. I'm usually on an old Giant OCR (light blue) with a blue Camelbak. On occasion I might be on an even older blue and white Raleigh-framed SS.

I have seen Clever Pun on a few occasions - it's hard to miss him - he's huge, with a little and a beard.
  • Rich158
    Lbaguley wrote:
    Hi Rich158

I've just moved to Westcombe Park, so just to the east of Greenwich Park. I either go up Maze Hill or Vanbrugh Hill ( :shock: ) on the way home. I'll keep an eye out for you between Greenwich and town though. I'm usually on an old Giant OCR (light blue) with a blue Camelbak. On occasion I might be on an even older blue and white Raleigh-framed SS.

I have seen Clever Pun on a few occasions - it's hard to miss him - he's huge, with a little and a beard.

I have a feeling I may have seen you in Greenwich town centre this morning in that case, you (if it was you) were filtering on the right up towards Deptford Creek, and I was on the left getting ready to turn into Norman Road, about 08:30'ish.

Revised FCN - 2
  • DonDaddyD

A girl to sneak into DDD's bed...

Fixed that for you... :P

Seriously though, that one looks great.

Why a girl? I'm not some mysonginistic maniac.... I hope that's not how I come across...
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • DonDaddyD
    Are we banning hybrids on this trip?
    Food Chain number = 4

• _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    I've been keeping an eye on this but held off sticking my oar in cos I thought my attendance would be dependent on a still to be arranged trip to Vancouver this summer.

Sod it tho', Canada can be arranged around this. Now I'll just have to figure out how to tell people I've progressed from going to the pub with 'people I met on the internet', to going on holiday with them. :shock:
    Lbaguley......Social rides......August........Not fussed
    Brun..........Social rides......August........Not fussed

• Lbaguley
    Rich158 wrote:
    Lbaguley wrote:
    Hi Rich158

I have a feeling I may have seen you in Greenwich town centre this morning in that case, you (if it was you) were filtering on the right up towards Deptford Creek, and I was on the left getting ready to turn into Norman Road, about 08:30'ish.

Ah, yes that was me - I was admiring the sound of your freehub.