All of my specialized bikes

2»

Comments

• SDK2007
    SDK2007 Posts: 782
    Specialized are the best anyway 8)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    i concur, it was a real relief to find a p bike with such good spec, i nearly had to buy someting else [/shudder]
  • Chaz.Harding
    Chaz.Harding Posts: 3,144
    Nice P1. Like I said about SDK2007's Enduro, I'm loving the bronze-y, earth-y colours atm.

Look so damn sexy.

And that's a nice bike.

Enjoy!
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • Anonymous
    i might get a trimmer saddle and some halo wheels but its a bit of fun and i really like the way it looks (considering its just 9 pipes welded together!!!)
  • Chaz.Harding
    I sound like a chick, but it's a nice colour.

And you got some top-flight stuff on too. Surely there's stronger (possibly not) and lighter (definitely!!) alternatives to Halo rims. Not that they are bad, but just heavy.
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • Anonymous
    what i should probably do is buy a rear hope pro2 on ex721 to match the front, should be plenty strong and fairly light for a tough wheel, theyre so pricey though!!
  • Chaz.Harding
    Yeah, I guess, but the old adage you get what you pay for is still true.

Light, strong, cheap.

You can only have two...

Unless you got mega-money, in which case, who cares! I can't do that tho :oops:

Couldn't believe the noise the Pro2's make though!!

LOUD!
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • Anonymous
    i had a pro2 on my bionicon and the noise was rubbish, if all of the pawls clicked at the same time maybe it would sound well made but they dont, it sounds like a load of stuff falling down the stairs!!
  • Chaz.Harding
    Haha. Kinda comedy then, untill the springs jump out from behind the pawls, and leave you stranded 20 miles from home in the hills (or flats in Essex :lol: ).

Not funny then.

You not get it replaced / looked at?

You dismantled it yourself to see?
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • Anonymous
    there was nowt wrong with it, they are just horrible sounding and in my opinion its because the pawls dont all click at the same time.

my dt swiss hubs have a beautiful uniform sound and i feel like they are pure precision bits of kit, the hope i had was a very good and tough hub i have no doubt, it just sounded rubbish. i have nowt against loud hubs, in fact i love the sound of the chris kings and the new halo superdrive, but pro2 sound cheap to me.
  • Chaz.Harding
    The Chris King hubs, are awesome hubs.

Have a pair on DT 5.1d's, singlespeed (iso hubset)

Brilliant. They are machined so perfectly, they are almost artwork themselves.

Oh, and the noise! 8)
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • Dobelerone
    Dobelerone Posts: 25
    I know your going to be biased here,but i'm thinking of getting a Spesh FSR XC pro or a Cannondale Prophet 2,i have read lots of stories about the Fox Triad 2 shock being a bit of a nightmare on the Spesh,whereas the Cannondale 's Float R seems to be very consistent,any advice please. :?
  • Anonymous
    it is fair to expect me to be biased but as much as i love specialized bikes, im fully aware that they dont always suit everyone :)

i have a triad on both of my stumpjumpers and have had another on a previous too. all of them were faultless, i always leave them in the propedal setting and they are ace up and down.

the float r is strictly speaking a lower spec shock as it doesnt have lockout or the ability to turn popedal on and off (unlike the triad)

thing is, the prophet and fsr are 2 different types of bike. the fsr being a 5 inch trail bike and the prphet being a 6 inch all mountain bike. the prophet will be heavier but should be more capable on the downwards bit. the penalty will be in climbing efficiency but from the reviews i have read, it is meant to be an ace bit of kit.

the fsr should be a better climber and plenty good enough down hill but it is a more even balance.

so, it is up to you what you want to get but i would base your decision on style of bike and not on the shock as both shocks are good.

hpe this helps.

ps, buy a specialized.
  • Dobelerone
    Cheers Sheepsteeth,i'm testing the Spesh today,tried the Prophet yesterday and was i have to say quite impressed,although as you say they are different bikes,i'll wait till i've tested then choose.I already have a Hardrock which has been faultless when used on North Face and Whinlatter,so i am leaning towards the Spesh as its mostly trail riding i do :D
  • Dobelerone
    Specialized,Game,Set and Match it was an easy choice in the end,just got to wait for my voucher to materialise now.
  • Anonymous
    thats ace news, kudos for actually testing the bikes you fancied. dont forget, post some pics as soon as the bike arrives, i recommend at least one in the kitchen, one outside, then one all dirty after a ride (the bike that is, not you :lol: )
  • jrduquemin
    jrduquemin Posts: 791
    I have 4 Spesh bikes too.... none the same though and half carbon:

DSC00470.jpg
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • Anonymous
    I've got 5 , that's a v nice collection you have
  • Chaz.Harding
    Haha, I just thought. Now I know why Specialized have a seemingly endless budget - because between you 2, you own, currently, 9 bikes :shock: All Specialized :shock: :lol:

Awesome 8) :lol:
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • Tommo1976
    Tommo1976 Posts: 50
    I have one bike... Lucky to have that! :roll:
    Lamborghini Forza
    Ibanez RG 350 DX (guitar)

www.myspace.com/cameltoechangedmylife
    www.esperophotographic.com
  • jrduquemin
    jrduquemin Posts: 791
    Haha, I just thought. Now I know why Specialized have a seemingly endless budget - because between you 2, you own, currently, 9 bikes :shock: All Specialized :shock: :lol:

Awesome 8) :lol:

I nearly bought another one a couple weeks ago, a Roubaix Expert at the concept store in Plymouth. I managed to get out of the shop without seriously damaging my credit card :-D
    2010 Lynskey R230
    2013 Yeti SB66
  • Chaz.Harding
    jrduquemin

You'll be back. DO IT!!! :twisted:

I got a Tarmac Expert. Awesome to, it is. Well fast. And it really really does work wondersfor phys. But all those looooong, boring miles can get tedious! Hope you got an iPod! :lol:
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke