Carrera Fury '08 (yet another one!)

nby
nby Posts: 62
edited May 2009 in Your mountain bikes
nothing special and yes its another fury i'm afraid :wink:

My mix 'n' match fury 08 from halfords, 08 spec with 07 forks? i've changed the rims to mavics from the supplied sun other than that i've left her be...

side2.JPG
side.JPG
front.JPG

not bad for £399 and £40 worth of bits chucked in.
fury 'n' i

Comments

• XxxBFGxxX
    XxxBFGxxX Posts: 1,355
    the fence needs painting lol. nice bike chap
  • nby
    yeah they are great value, its actually lighter than my other bikes and this was meant to be a heavy beast?! if thats true then i'd hate to see a "light xc" bike as the wind might take it :o

i've got to sort the bars out though as the brake levers are way too close to the grips (I need 3 fingers to pull them!).
    fury 'n' i
  • nby
    XxxBFGxxX wrote:
    the fence needs painting lol. nice bike chap

cheers buddy and yes the fence does indeed need painting!
    fury 'n' i
  • Si78
    Si78 Posts: 963
    nby wrote:
    i've got to sort the bars out though as the brake levers are way too close to the grips (I need 3 fingers to pull them!).

Hi, like ur bike, very nice :D

Regarding the brake levers, I switched the brake levers to the other side of the gear shifters, after moving the gear shifters a tiny bit closer to the grips than they were, if that makes sense?!

Means I can '2 finger' brake. Get a lot more leverage by pulling the end of the lever. And with hydraulic discs u dont want to grab a 'fist full' of brake lever, as it will send u flying lol!

Si
    Why has my sig been removed by the admins???
  • nby
    Thanks Si78 and yes thats exactly what I am hoping to do, seems logical to put them the other side of the shifters its a shame halfrauds didnt think of that though :lol:

as you say a fist full of brake levers could land you in trouble!! :oops:
    fury 'n' i
  • Si78
    Si78 Posts: 963
    nby wrote:
    Thanks Si78 and yes thats exactly what I am hoping to do, seems logical to put them the other side of the shifters its a shame halfrauds didnt think of that though :lol:

as you say a fist full of brake levers could land you in trouble!! :oops:

yeah, it is logical isnt it!

Ive tweaked the positions / angles of the brake levers and gear shifters a couple of times... got them feeling perfect (for me ) now.

Have a tinker mate,

Si
    Why has my sig been removed by the admins???