Soler was assaulted by Cav yesterday?

victorponf
victorponf Posts: 1,187
edited May 2009 in Pro race
I have found this in a colombian digital paper, could somebody translate? (or maybe it´s already in european media):

www.revistamundociclistico.com

Mauricio Soler fue agredido en el Giro de Italia

Mauricio Soler fue victima del ataque de corredores del equipo norteamericano Columbia-High Road
11.05.09/2:47 PM

En desarrollo de la segunda etapa del Giro de Italia, cuando faltaban unos diez kilómetros para la llegada, el ciclista Colombiano Mauricio Soler fue agredido de manera brutal por uno de los integrantes del equipo Columbia-High Road, quien le propinó un fuerte golpe en la espalda, lo que desequilibró al pedalista del Barloworld y se presentó entonces una caída colectiva en la que se vieron involucrados por lo menos 30 corredores, entre ellos Mark Cavendish, líder de la prueba e integrante del Columbia.

La colisión se presentó a causa de la presencia del Barloworld en las primeras posiciones del lote y la puja de diversas escuadras por estar allí , especialmente las que tienen "carta ganadora " para los embalajes y el High Road es uno de los principales equipos en ese tema.

A causa de la caída, Soler sufrió el dañó de su bicicleta, perdió tiempo apreciable (1 minuto y 25 segundos) con todos los corredores involucrados en el accidente y para agravar las cosas, en la llegada, el ex-líder Cavendish se fue lanza en ristre contra el colombiano, lo insultó, estuvo a punto de irse a las manos pero prefirió tomar la bicicleta de Soler y estrellarla contra el suelo, en un gesto poco amigable y totalmente antideportivo, observado por compañeros del equipo de Mauricio y una buena cantidad de aficionados, uno de los cuales se puso en contacto con www.revistamundociclistico.com y le relató los hechos que aquí publicamos.

El formidable escalador de nuestro país, sufrió numerosos raspones y golpes en la caída, que le dejan con una rodilla inflamada y la necesidad de una radiografía para determinar su estado, antes de entrar en la cuarta etapa donde la montaña comienza a ser el gran seleccionador de la carrera, aguardándose que Soler pueda accionar con su talento y clase conocidos.

Los unicos pedalistas colombianos que arribaron en el lote del ganador, de los cuatro que compiten en el Giro, fueron José Serpa y Félix Cárdenas mientras Mauricio Ardila y Mauricio Soler entraron retrasados a causa del incidente mencionado.
If you like Flandes, Roubaix or Eroica, you would like GP Canal de Castilla, www.gpcanaldecastilla.com

Comments

• prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    Mauricio Soler was assaulted in the Tour of Italy

Mauricio Soler was a victim of the attack team's runners-American Columbia High Road
    11.05.09 / 2:47 PM

In developing the second stage of the Tour of Italy, where missing some ten kilometers to the finish, the Colombian rider Mauricio Soler was attacked by a brutal manner of the team High Road-Columbia, who beat him in a strong back, so lopsided, pedals and Barloworld was then a drop in the collective who were involved at least 30 riders, including Mark Cavendish, a leader in test and member of Columbia.

The collision was due to the presence of Barloworld at the top of the lot and bid on various brackets by being there, especially those who are "winning card" for the packaging and the High Road is one of the leading teams in this issue.

Because of the fall, Soler suffered damage to his bike, lost significant time (1 minute and 25 seconds) with all the riders involved in the accident and to make matters worse, on arrival, the former leader was launched Cavendish in strings against Colombia, so insulted, he was about to leave but chose to take the hand bike Soler and stars on the floor in a very unfriendly gesture and totally unsportsmanlike, watched by fellow team and a good deal Mauritius amateur, one of whom had contacted him and told www.revistamundociclistico.com the facts here.

The tremendous scale of our country, suffered numerous scrapes and bruises in the fall, which left him with an inflamed knee and the need for a radiograph to determine their status before entering the fourth phase where the mountain begins to be the great coach the race, waiting for Soler operable with his talent and class known.

The only pedals Colombians arrived in the lot of the winner of the four competing in the Giro, was José Serpa and while Felix Cardenas and Mauricio Ardila Mauricio Soler came late because of the incident.

Google translate
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • prawny
    Does any one speak broken english? :D
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    prawny wrote:

Anyone working for the BBC? :)

Sean Kelly? :D

David Duffield? :lol:

Take your pick!
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Barlowolrd themselves reckon he was nudged by a Lampre rider : http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?click_id ... 69&set_id=

Is Soler the new Bobby J of the peleton ?
  • prawny
    pottssteve wrote:
    prawny wrote:

Anyone working for the BBC? :)

Sean Kelly? :D

David Duffield? :lol:

Take your pick!

Sean Kelly can speak english too? :lol:
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • bazza59
    bazza59 Posts: 33
    Yes, well certainly!
  • deal
    deal Posts: 857
    cougie wrote:
    Barlowolrd themselves reckon he was nudged by a Lampre rider : http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?click_id ... 69&set_id=

Is Soler the new Bobby J of the peloton ?

"Of more concern to Hunter than his collarbone, though, was the eating habits of his team mate Chris Froome, who has taken to eating bean sprouts morning, noon and night. He apparently grows them at home and travels with them in his suitcase." :lol:
  • pottssteve
    bazza59 wrote:
    Yes, well certainly!

I think the correct spelling is "certaintly", otherwise you'll be majorly incorrect :wink:
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    pottssteve wrote:
    bazza59 wrote:
    Yes, well certainly!

I think the correct spelling is "certaintly", otherwise you'll be majorly incorrect :wink:

I think you'll find it's Shertantly. As in "It will shertantly be majorly difficult"

or the traditional duffield/harman slap down "I don't tink sho. Itsh shertantly not possible"
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    on the general classement
  • pinkbikini
    pinkbikini Posts: 876
    a number of times
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve wrote:
    bazza59 wrote:
    Yes, well certainly!

I think you'll find it's Shertantly. As in "It will shertantly be majorly difficult"

or the traditional duffield/harman slap down "I don't tink sho. Itsh shertantly not possible"

Aw C'mon. It's Sean Kelly we're talking about, not Sean Connery! You might be right about the "shertaintly" though, I'm not very good at doing the Irish accent. :)

Either way, he knows his stuff. I wish he'd speak a bit louder though as I have to keep turning the volume up and down when he's talking with David Harman, who's not particularly loud..
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    cougie wrote:

I think that's what caused the crash, but I think the original article is referring to what Cav did to get up from the crash and get on with things. I haven't seen it so can't comment.

Soler certaintly :wink: doesn't have much luck early on in Grand Tours at the moment.
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    I can imagine Cav would have been a tad stressed seeing all his rivals trundling off whilst he was still entangled in the mess of fallen bikes -- something like "Get out the f*cking way!" would have been likely at least maybe with a biff for emphasis.
  • don key
    don key Posts: 494
    hammerite wrote:
    cougie wrote:

I think that's what caused the crash, but I think the original article is referring to what Cav did to get up from the crash and get on with things. I haven't seen it so can't comment.

Soler certaintly :wink: doesn't have much luck early on in Grand Tours at the moment.

Thats because he cannot handle a bike, fool stop and it is certaintly not shert.
  • don key
    don key Posts: 494
    don key wrote:
    hammerite wrote:
    cougie wrote:

Thats because he cannot handle a bike, fool stop and it is certaintly not shertaintly.
  • Philip S
    Philip S Posts: 398
    There's a mini photo story on this on the Rapha website:
    http://www.rouleur.cc/news/menustories/234-giro09stage3

I presume it was Soler who caused the blockage on the road 10km from the finish on Stage 3?
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Philip S wrote:
    There's a mini photo story on this on the Rapha website:
    http://www.rouleur.cc/news/menustories/234-giro09stage3

I presume it was Soler who caused the blockage on the road 10km from the finish on Stage 3?

A couple of Balroworld riders spent a while in with Columbia yesterday at the front of the peloton. Could it be a "sorry, we'll help out"? Or more a case of them fancying one of their riders doing well so helping to keep in touch of the breakaway?