Women specific camelbaks...

miss notax
miss notax Posts: 2,572
edited May 2009 in Women
Hello :D

After using my OH's spare camelbak for years I have now generously decided to return it (covered in mud!) and need to buy myself another one...

The problems that I have with his camelbak is that a) it's just too 'big' and b) the chest strap either pops undone or is so tight that is restricts my chest and therefore breathing :oops: I've had a look and the ladies luxe camelbak seems quite good http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Camel ... 360041108/

Has anyone used this, or a different ladies specific one? Did it make any difference? Do you prefer the fit?

I'm not feeling particularl rich at the moment so I don't want to waste £60 if it's not going to make any difference....

Thanks!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc

Comments

• Mrs Toast
    Mrs Toast Posts: 636
    I've got the Magicone, and it fits great. It's the only one I've ever had though, so I can't really compare it to anything. I've been considering getting a larger capacity one for longer rides though, as the Magic has very limited space.

Camelbak make me giggle with the names though. Blokes get the ever-manly "HAVOC", "ROGUE", "CHAOS" and "MAYHEM". We get, "Charm", "Magic", "Daystar" and "SnoAngel". Kind of like the blokes' bags have been named after superheroes, Transformers and black metal bands, and ours get named after My Little Ponies.

My Little Ponies are awesome though...
  • miss notax
    Ha ha ha, so true :lol::lol:

It also bothers me that all ladies shoes / saddles etc have flowers on them :?

Good to hear that the Magic camelbak fits so well - it bodes well for the other models! I do want the 3 litre capacity though so would go for one of the larger ones. We ride for about 2.5 - 3 hours at a go and I easily get through the 3 litres!

Have you ever used a blokes camelbak to be able to comare it to the ladies one? And without being too personal does it fit ok around your *ahem* chest?!!

Thanks!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

• Mrs Toast
    I've not used a bloke's Camelbak, sorry. :( I'm not exactly stacked in the chest department (34b, fact fans!), but I think a ladies Camelbak should be fine - I think I have a good extra five inches of chest strap extra on each side if I ever have a burning need for implants! :lol:
  • miss notax
    Mrs Toast wrote:
    I've not used a bloke's Camelbak, sorry. :( I'm not exactly stacked in the chest department (34b, fact fans!), but I think a ladies Camelbak should be fine - I think I have a good extra five inches of chest strap extra on each side if I ever have a burning need for implants! :lol:

Good, should I feel the need for a Pamela Anderson size bust then it's good to know there's space.... But in the meantime it sounds like there room for my 32B then :wink::lol:

Thanks for that - I appreciate it!

• lovewales
    lovewales Posts: 411
    Sarah I have the luxe one and had a mans before, it made a difference to me the main being the comfort the straps are narrower so I didn't get rub marks around my armpits/bust (I am a generously endowded 38F). Also I could fasten the strap across the chest without it pulling and it is better positioned. It is shorter in the back so at first felt really weird but I have now got used to it. The main compartment is funny shape (I think it is the same as the mule) and it is difficult to get stuff out of the bottom in a hurry when it is full of water, but I chose to put up with this because of the comfort.
    If every action has an equal and opposite reaction does that mean I will be eaten by a fly?
  • miss notax
    lovewales wrote:
    Sarah I have the luxe one and had a mans before, it made a difference to me the main being the comfort the straps are narrower so I didn't get rub marks around my armpits/bust (I am a generously endowded 38F). Also I could fasten the strap across the chest without it pulling and it is better positioned. It is shorter in the back so at first felt really weird but I have now got used to it. The main compartment is funny shape (I think it is the same as the mule) and it is difficult to get stuff out of the bottom in a hurry when it is full of water, but I chose to put up with this because of the comfort.

Thanks for that :D

My OH's camelbak also rubs around the armpits (I had forgotten that) so another good reason to buy one.

I think all in all it's got to be worth it - it's my birthday next week so hopefully I can persuade someone to buy me one!!!

Thanks ladies!

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    If I put anymore weight on I might need one of these.
  • miss notax
    Well, my parents have kindly agreed to get this for my birthday pressie so have placed the order (my OH has very generously got me a road bike but i'm not allowed to see it yet)!!

Yay! No more ill-fitting camelbak for me :lol:

• sisterblue
    sisterblue Posts: 5
    I just bought a luxe from cycle surgery http://www.cyclesurgery.com/Search/camelbak-luxe/
    on sale at £38

and I must admit it feels great, compact and stable when on, definite thumbs up!!
  • miss notax
    sisterblue wrote:
    I just bought a luxe from cycle surgery http://www.cyclesurgery.com/Search/camelbak-luxe/
    on sale at £38

and I must admit it feels great, compact and stable when on, definite thumbs up!!

Good to hear, thank you!!

• trio25
    trio25 Posts: 300
    This is my main riding pack and I love it! It's just right for most rides I do and yes I find it comfier than a man's pack. For longer rides its not big enough so I have a hawg which I love but isn't quite as comfy - but essential for the space sometimes!
  • lovelybones
    lovelybones Posts: 44
    Mrs Toast wrote:
    Camelbak make me giggle with the names though. Blokes get the ever-manly "HAVOC", "ROGUE", "CHAOS" and "MAYHEM". We get, "Charm", "Magic", "Daystar" and "SnoAngel". Kind of like the blokes' bags have been named after superheroes, Transformers and black metal bands, and ours get named after My Little Ponies.

My Little Ponies are awesome though...

:lol: Well put !!

I have the Charm but I started to feel a bit guilty when the 2 lads I go with had to start carrying all the gear when we went to C-Y-B so I have been looking for a new one. I had been looking at the womens ones but last week I was up at Whinlatter Forest and in their shop I spied a Mini Mule and it was only £38. The full size mule is around double that price. My mini mule is perfect. It had the same amount of pockets as the mens mule but obviously a 'mini' version. The mini mules isnt womens specific but still fits perfectly :wink:
  • My wife Lesleigh has a LUXE and loves it.

The straps are narrower than the men's MULE and shaped to fit round your boobs, which is especially useful if you're buxom, and the chest strap is positioned higher.

It's the first rucksack of any sort on which she can actually use the chest strap - they're usually too low and uncomfortable.
    John Stevenson
  • Ditch Witch
    Ditch Witch Posts: 837
    I've worn both men's and women's (36D) and both seem to fit fine.
    I ride like a girl
    Start: 16.5.x Now: 14.10.8 Goal: 11.7.x
    www.ditchwitch.me.uk
    www.darksnow.co.uk
    Specialized HardRock Pro Disc 04
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    sarah75 wrote:

I know, I mean that is just SO unfair!! Why can't men's gear have flowers on them? :lol:
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • sparrowlegs78
    sparrowlegs78 Posts: 2,583
    dave_hill wrote:
    sarah75 wrote:

I know, I mean that is just SO unfair!! Why can't men's gear have flowers on them? :lol:

Leave the pink and flowery stuff for the roadies :lol:

*hides under the pc table to avoid incoming missiles*
    Caz xxxx
  • Ditch Witch
    It's really funny you should say that because, even though I'm a shocking tomboy with many many tattoos, I still love all things pink and flowery :lol:

There's not enough girlie gear out there, if you ask me :lol:
    I ride like a girl
    www.ditchwitch.me.uk
    www.darksnow.co.uk
  • miss notax
    dave_hill wrote:
    sarah75 wrote:

Leave the pink and flowery stuff for the roadies :lol:

*hides under the pc table to avoid incoming missiles*
    Caz xxxx

Ha ha, actually Chris bought me a road bike for my birthday (last Friday :D ) and it's thankfully devoid of flowers. And not pink :wink:

• sparrowlegs78
    I am such a hypocrite about the pink issue :lol::lol:
    DSC00127.jpg
    Caz xxxxxx
  • Mrs Toast
    Oh my, is that matching pink bottle cage and pedals I spy?! :lol:
  • sparrowlegs78
    And grips and lizard skin chainstay protector..ohh and pink rails and writing on me Charge Ladle saddle :lol:
    Caz xxx
  • Ditch Witch
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiink *drools*
    I ride like a girl
    www.ditchwitch.me.uk
    www.darksnow.co.uk