I am weak........

RockyHopperShow
RockyHopperShow Posts: 271
....today i went on a nice easy 12 mile (and a bit) ride to just trickle along with my training. Alas, the end of my ride stops bang opposite the best pub in the area. I just couldn't resist it. Two pints of Palmers of Bridport Bitter (and a packet of Nobby's Nuts) later and I am feeling completely ashamed of myself. I am two weeks into this new regime of mine - that's two weeks without a pint - what have I done?
Take the mickey if you have to.................
Start Weight: 128 kilos (20.2 st) (April 17th 2009)
Current Weight:119 kilos (18.7 st) (June 18th 2009)
Target Weight: 92 kilos (14.5 st) (sometime mid-2010, hopefully sooner)

Comments

• XxxBFGxxX
    XxxBFGxxX Posts: 1,355
    mate i know how ya feel i say i am not drinking and wana get even fitter. Last night i drank almost a bottle of voddy and had a kebab. lmfao
  • Ditch Witch
    Ditch Witch Posts: 837
    Oopsie :lol:
    I ride like a girl
    Start: 16.5.x Now: 14.10.8 Goal: 11.7.x
    www.ditchwitch.me.uk
    www.darksnow.co.uk
    Specialized HardRock Pro Disc 04
  • punctureboy
    punctureboy Posts: 217
    it was only 2 pints mate and you were in your 'golden hour' so dont worry about it at all. you deserve a little treat every now and then, and if its straight after training your body will just burn it up.

at the end of the day were normal humans not olympians who cant afford even the slightest slip in there regime. i thought the pub was an important part of mountain biking anyway!!
  • Thanks for that Punctureboy, that's just what I needed to hear....although I had to "google" Golden Hour :shock:
    You're right of course, it was only 2 pints and it will be a while (working nights makes it so much easier to abstain) before temptation will be put in front of me. I am trying to do something every day - be it gym, swimming or, of course, cycling. So far so good.
    Start Weight: 128 kilos (20.2 st) (April 17th 2009)
    Current Weight:119 kilos (18.7 st) (June 18th 2009)
    Target Weight: 92 kilos (14.5 st) (sometime mid-2010, hopefully sooner)
  • Ditch Witch
    Ditch Witch Posts: 837
    He's absolutely right. Life without the odd pint or two (or whatever one's vice is) is a life not worth living.
    I ride like a girl
    Start: 16.5.x Now: 14.10.8 Goal: 11.7.x
    www.ditchwitch.me.uk
    www.darksnow.co.uk
    Specialized HardRock Pro Disc 04