Hub: Shimano HB-M475
Tire: Continental Gravity 2.3"

Other info:

Comments

• XxxBFGxxX
    XxxBFGxxX Posts: 1,355
    looking good chap
  • Hope you enjoy! :P
    My dad has put a few miles on his now and he is really impressed with the fork (his last bike had a suntour thingy!)
    *Rock Lobster Team Tig SL (22lb 14oz)
    *C. Late 1950's Fixed Gear
    *1940 Raleigh Dawn Tourist with rod brakes
  • Thanks BFG :)

Captain Turok, glad your dad likes his bike, this ones for my wife. Ironically the fork is faulty, the lockout doesnt work so they have ordered me a new replacement which will take about a week or 2 to arrive, apart from that it works a treat :)

Not bad for £399 with a free womens Selle Royal Gel seat & free bike pump :D
  • Bargain! 8)
    *Rock Lobster Team Tig SL (22lb 14oz)
    *C. Late 1950's Fixed Gear
    *1940 Raleigh Dawn Tourist with rod brakes
  • XxxBFGxxX
    just ride of road chap ya dont need lock out lmfao
  • tomxc
    tomxc Posts: 139
    do u have trouble with the gears wen u shift them...my dads messes up wen he puts real pressure on the cranks :S
    up, up, up, down, up, up, down, up, dowwwn...yep sounds good to me :)
    http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt6/ ... MG0201.jpg
  • tomxc wrote:
    do u have trouble with the gears wen u shift them...my dads messes up wen he puts real pressure on the cranks :S

Not noticed any problems at the moment, however I did when we first took it for a test ride before buying, the front mech wouldnt shift correctly and was found to be fautly so they replaced it. I do need to take the bike out for some 'proper' riding though so will let you know.

Just a side thought, IIRC its always best to ease up on the cranks while shifting anyway, so maybe he needs to adjust his riding style slighty?

HTH's :D
  • Thats very very nice..... the reflector look amazing :wink:

seriously though, thats cracking spec for £400. very nice colour too :)
    Enjoy it!!
  • nby
    nby Posts: 62
    Very nice mate i've just bought one myself yesterday, I notice you've got the x7 front and mavic rims... I had the bad luck of getting the sun rims! very happy with it in all honesty and cant wait to get out there and test it out :D
    fury 'n' i
  • bigbenj_08 wrote:
    Thats very very nice..... the reflectors look amazing :wink:

seriously though, thats cracking spec for £400. very nice colour too :)
    Enjoy it!!

Hee hee, yeah the photos were taken the moment I got home with the bike so reflectors still on it! :D

Yeah I just couldnt resist the bike with that spec on it when it came down to £399, I was gonna get the wife an Orange G3, which does have some things better than the Fury but for almost half the G3's price I got a very similar bike for her, and for what she needs it for, it was perfect.

nby wrote:
    Very nice mate i've just bought one myself yesterday, I notice you've got the x7 front and mavic rims... I had the bad luck of getting the sun rims! very happy with it in all honesty and cant wait to get out there and test it out :D

Glad you like yours too, yeah was lucky to get the X7 front and mavic rims, also the bike was the last in stock and was new/boxed still in the store room! 8)

What front mech did you get?

Let us know how you get on with your new beasty :D
  • nby
    nby Posts: 62
    My front mech is the X5, still trying to talk them into giving me the the mavic rims as a straight swap ... trying to argue that the display models in store are mavic and possibly X7 front and my fury was X5 front and sun rims (mine was also boxed and sealed).

either which way its fantastic value for £399 and they chucked £35 worth of kit in too so cant complain!

I will give them a bell tomorrow morning and if they cant swap then i'll hit some trails!
    fury 'n' i
  • clarkson
    clarkson Posts: 1,641
    really good value for that money!! cracking fork for that too!

got yourself a good dependable steed to go and thrash. enjoy dude!! 8) 8) :D
    I said hit the brakes not the tree!!

2006 Specialized Enduro Expert
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3192886/

2008 Custom Merlin Malt 4
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/2962222/

2008 GT Avalanche Expert
    http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3453980/
  • tomxc
    tomxc Posts: 139
    tomxc wrote:

Not noticed any problems at the moment, however I did when we first took it for a test ride before buying, the front mech wouldnt shift correctly and was found to be fautly so they replaced it. I do need to take the bike out for some 'proper' riding though so will let you know.

Just a side thought, IIRC its always best to ease up on the cranks while shifting anyway, so maybe he needs to adjust his riding style slighty?

HTH's :D
    yer probbly he hasnt been riding long and still needs to learn the ropes(well sum off them) as does pretty much everyone :P
    up, up, up, down, up, up, down, up, dowwwn...yep sounds good to me :)
    http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt6/ ... MG0201.jpg
  • Si78
    Si78 Posts: 963
    Really good looking / specced bike the fury, at an absolutely bargain price.
    Spec is better than my Boardman :cry: , but I went with my heart lol

Si

p.s. and its ur wifes bike??? bet u use it more than she does :wink:
    Why has my sig been removed by the admins???
  • XxxBFGxxX
    i actualy seen the bike in the flesh today nice looking bike.
  • Zaskar20
    Zaskar20 Posts: 557
    I dont know exactly why, but I love those rear drop outs. :D

Great vfm.
  • Si78 wrote:
    p.s. and its ur wifes bike??? bet u use it more than she does :wink:

I couldn't possibly comment :wink:

Your Boardman looks really good too :D

Zaskar20 wrote:
    I dont know exactly why, but I love those rear drop outs. :D

Great vfm.

hee hee, I know what you mean, and yeah it really is a great bike for the money, thats why I snapped it up when they had 20% off it :D
  • Si78
    Si78 Posts: 963
    I couldn't possibly comment :wink:

lol, I think we all know the answer mate :wink:
    Your Boardman looks really good too :D

Cheers buddy 8)

hee hee, I know what you mean, and yeah it really is a great bike for the money, thats why I snapped it up when they had 20% off it :D

:shock: Absolute bargain! I know a lot of people dont like Halfords, but that is definately an advantage of buying from a large chain.

Si
    Why has my sig been removed by the admins???
  • Slight update, a couple of weeks ago I noticed that the top right side of the forks, the bit with the lockout was leaking oil, so I took it back to Halfords who agreed that it was a warranty job and that it would take a week to sort, they also said that they can only get the new 2009 Tora 318's which were white? The wife wasnt keen on that but as we had no choice we went ahead with the warranty claim.

Now I have just got the bike back today (I've been away for almost a week) and not only are the brand new Toras black but Fisher have upgraded them to the remote Poplock model for nothing! Result.

So not only has the wife had a free saddle, a free pump, and an upgraded front mech but now also an upgraded fork, all for £399! :D
  • The Prodigy
    The Prodigy Posts: 832
    Absolute bargain, where am I when deals like this are around?
  • nice bike, halfords dont get enough credit for a lot of things, i took my bike into halfords after bending the rear mech to see what options i had, i didnt even buy the bike from them and the mechanic put it on a stand made best of straightening it and did the indexing for nothing :idea: :lol:
  • Absolute bargain, where am I when deals like this are around?

Hee hee, its normally the same for me, the only reason this bike is getting all the bargains is because its my wifes bike and not mine, lol :lol:

nice bike, halfords dont get enough credit for a lot of things, i took my bike into halfords after bending the rear mech to see what options i had, i didnt even buy the bike from them and the mechanic put it on a stand made best of straightening it and did the indexing for nothing :idea: :lol:

I must say that on the whole my local Halfords have been ok really, quick to sort out any problems.