my new giant trance custom

vitaminjayz
vitaminjayz Posts: 13
edited May 2009 in Your mountain bikes
heres my giant trance with custom spec .

ive been a member of another forum i wont name it but they keep sla@gging me off and my bike also take the p1ss that i have it clean but as ive pointed out the wife wont let it in the house if its got any dirt on it and i dont want to leave it outside in the shed.

GIANT TRANCE 2007 USA VERSION CUSTOM SPEC

Frame:ALUXX aluminium, Fluid Formed, Maestro suspension system 4.2''/106mm travel
Rear Shock: Fox Float R with pro pedal
Fork: 2009 rockshox recon race solo air 100mm with remote poploc
Headset: crane creek with carbon spacers
Chainset:deore LX hollowtech 2 2009 with titanium bolt kit
BB:deore XT hollowtech 2 2009
Front Mech: Shimano XTR 2009 with titanium bolt kit
Rear Mech: Shimano XTR 2009 with titanium bolt kit .
Shifters: Shimano deore XT 27 speed with gold alloy bolts
Rims: alex ace18 xc disc rims
Hubs: formula dc20 disc hubs
Cassette: SRAM PG950 11-34T, 9 speed
chain:shimano hg73
Tyres:Hutchinson Bulldog MRC AirLight, wire 26x2.1
Brakes:Hayes HFX-9 Limited Edition 10th Anniversary with carbon fibre blades (160mm front 160mm rear to keep bike light) with titanium bolt kit
Handle Bar: FSA CARBON K-FORCE XC RISER HANDLEBAR
Stem: pizzaz carbon fibre with titanium bolt kit
Saddle bioflex carbon fibre and titinium
Seat Pin: fsa carbon fibre
seatclamp: pz racing carbon fibre
Pedals:crank bro eggbeater c
titanium and alloy gold bolt kit
giants carbon fibre shock guard
gold titanium qr skewers .

this is the usa version with black and gold decals paint job where the euro version is plain silver . i prefer the black & gold

total weight so far 28 lbs always trying to save weight

more/closer photos at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/vitaminjayz/
3407101628_480e3f32a4.jpg

Comments

• deadliest
    deadliest Posts: 471
    heres my giant trance with custom spec .

ive been a member of another forum i wont name it but they keep sla@gging me off and my bike also take the p1ss that i have it clean but as ive pointed out the wife wont let it in the house if its got any dirt on it and i dont want to leave it outside in the shed.

And it bothers you what people think . . . . . Why ? I assume as you are married that you are not a 14 Year old kid who feels the need to be accepted . . . Get over yourself get a leg over your bike and have fun riding it.
    Bikes are drugs and Im pedalling

http://sherwoodpines.yolasite.com/
  • yeah i am married with kids ,just p1sses me off who do they think they are thats all
  • Why did you go for the US version?
  • The other forum must be full of rich kids if they take the piss out of that :shock: . Nice bike.
  • JxL
    JxL Posts: 383
    Honestly, dont bother what other people say. Have fun! Your bike is excellent, a million miles better than mine and a lot of others. Maybe if you had some crappy old saracen for £100 then people could say something, but not for a bike like this!
  • adb1006
    adb1006 Posts: 938
    Ignore 'em - they sound like a bunch of toe punts to me!

i got usa version cos it was on offer at pauls cycles and they had imported a few .so i spose its very rare over here
  • Chaz.Harding
    Chaz.Harding Posts: 3,144
    Sweet ride. Real nice. Love the full XTR. Very rare to see nowadays, credit crunch and all :evil:

Keep riding, and blast all the 'haters' on they're catalogue hand-me-downs, out on the trail.

Providing that they make it that far :twisted: :wink:
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    i got usa version cos it was on offer at pauls cycles and they had imported a few .so i spose its very rare over here
    Rare = Very good :D

And lovely looking bike.
  • Dowse40
    Dowse40 Posts: 102
    That is an old us spec low end giant trance.They sent the excess stock over here because they weren't selling in the states.

Wow, that must be awesome riding such a rare bike around, aren't you worried about stacking it? I'd be relly nervus on such a pimped out machine, full XTR as well OMG :shock:
  • Dowse40
    Dowse40 Posts: 102
    You must have taken that picture when the bike was new. It is in such mint condition.
  • tomxc
    tomxc Posts: 139
    i wud kill for a bike like that 8)
    up, up, up, down, up, up, down, up, dowwwn...yep sounds good to me :)
    http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt6/ ... MG0201.jpg
  • if i have a bike like this, i don't care what people say.
    i will fully enjoy my trail experience with it. period.
    Ride now - Ride forever
  • toasty
    toasty Posts: 2,598
    How is front and rear mech full? :P

XTR Mechs = £200
    Full XTR = £1100

Why do you get hacked off because others don't like it? I think they're entitled to their own opinion really. I'm not a fan of Trances sadly, demo'd one and wanted to like it as they're good value, just didn't get on :P
  • Si78
    Si78 Posts: 963
    I like it :)

As said above, people are entitled to their own opinions, its just depends how they convey that opinion to you!!!

Sometimes when people are jealous they come across as bitchy :wink:

As long as u are happy thats all that matters imho

Si

p.s. nowt wrong in taking pride in your bike and cleaning it... I hate cleaning the house, but i love cleaning my car and bike :D
    Why has my sig been removed by the admins???