Hi all,

martinwf5
martinwf5 Posts: 18
edited May 2009 in MTB beginners
Hiya all ,
After serious thinking and looking at my general health situation,
Ive gone and purchased a tidy claud butler , i've only been oa bike a few times since leaving school nearly 20 yrs ago, although im active in my work, iv'e decided that i should be fitter than i am ,

So we have decided to sell one of our cars, and for me to commute on bike,

Well this is my first week at commutung and ive had a few days of rain/wind but rest of the week its been pretty dry, and im enjoying every minute of it,
At 35 and nearly 16 stone, and 3 children and a baby, im trying my upmost to get them all biking as a new hobby, and my two eldest even suggested camping via train/bike? Now i am up for a challenge, maybe we have all had it too easy in the past !!

It just shows how we rely on the conveniance of our cars,

Well thats my intro, and im in wakefield if anyone fancies a steady sunday ride,just drop me a message,

Martin
Wakefield
West Yorkshire

Comments

• A big HELLO to you 8)
    Paul
  • Welcome :D and enjoy!
    2010 Specialized FSRxc
    2011 Giant Defy 4
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    So we have decided to sell one of our cars, and for me to commute on bike
    That's a spirit. :D
    There are very few who sell their cars to by a bike, good decision mate.
  • GT Destroyer
    GT Destroyer Posts: 1,719
    Hi Martin from sunny Dewsbury!

Good luck with the commuting, how far do you have to ride to work?
  • HI GT,
    I'm commuting from ossett (dewsbury road) to Wakefield (denby dale road ) it's getting easier by the day,

But most of all im actually enjoying it, regardless of the weather, to be honest i did give myself two days and i'd pack it in,

Martin.
  • petski2
    petski2 Posts: 17
    Wow Martin thats scarey lol.
    I used to commute from Kettlethorpe (just round from denby dale rd) to TDG in Ossett.
    :D:D
  • martinwf5
    martinwf5 Posts: 18
    Welli've been made redundant now so im on leisure rides now,