• R_T_A
    R_T_A Posts: 488
    Bizarrely, this morning I avoided the following roadkill:

A pheasant (*2)
    A crow
    A hen
    A rabbit
    A cat

If I collected the first three birds on the way home, I could make a roadkill version of the "three bird roast"

:shock:
    Giant Escape R1
    FCN 8
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
    - Terry Pratchett.
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Funny story time:

I was thrown out of art college as a yoof for photocopying roadkill onto acetate in the college library......

I was such an idiot

*nb, I may still be an idiot!
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155

Bl**dy pheasants are a right pain....

'Move pheasant, move move MOVE YOU IDIOTIC BIRD ok I'll go round you OH FOR GOD'S SAKE DON'T GO THAT WAY....' :x

Oh God, don't get me started on bloody peasants! They wander across my drive with shambolic insouciance, their filthy hessian besmirching my freshly raked gravel and continually mutter Impertinently under their breath. This morning one of them actually had the temerity to look me in the eye!! I was forced to fetch him a swift reprimand with my riding crop. Honestly it's hard to find decent servants these days, you think they'd be more grateful.

EDIT: Oh, you said pheasants did you? Both barrels, that's always been my solution. If they're wandering off the estate you should sack your gamekeeper; fellow's incompetent.
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563

'Move pheasant, move move MOVE YOU IDIOTIC BIRD ok I'll go round you OH FOR GOD'S SAKE DON'T GO THAT WAY....' :x

Oh God, don't get me started on bloody peasants! They wander across my drive with shambolic insouciance, their filthy hessian besmirching my freshly raked gravel and continually mutter Impertinently under their breath. This morning one of them actually had the temerity to look me in the eye!! I was forced to fetch him a swift reprimand with my riding crop. Honestly it's hard to find decent servants these days, you think they'd be more grateful.

EDIT: Oh, you said pheasants did you? Both barrels, that's always been my solution. If they're wandering off the estate you should sack your gamekeeper; fellow's incompetent.

:lol::lol:

Don't get me started on the partridges... and the gamekeeper is downright scary.
  • Fireblade96
    Fireblade96 Posts: 1,123

Yes indeed. Stupidest bird in the world. But delicious :twisted:

Loads of them round here, loitering in the hdeges waiting for a chance to dither out in front of me. They are the countryside equivalent of chav-ped-with-iPod. Only prettier. And tastier.
    Misguided Idealist
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563

Yes indeed. Stupidest bird in the world. But delicious :twisted:

Loads of them round here, loitering in the hdeges waiting for a chance to dither out in front of me. They are the countryside equivalent of chav-ped-with-iPod. Only prettier. And tastier.

And you don't get into such a lot of bother for shooting them with a crossbow...
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    shambolic insouciance - love it

Jashburnham what a master of the English Language you are

:D
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome