Womens hybrid sizing advice (Specialized Vita Sport)

vysethetwisted
vysethetwisted Posts: 4
edited May 2009 in Road buying advice
Hello all,

I'm new to the forum, so I'll start with a question. Thanks in advance fo any advice ;-) Not sure this is the best forum section to post in, but anyway ...

I am trying to order a bike for my mum on the Cycle2Work scheme. She has narrowed it down to the Specialized Vita Sport We have to order it through Halfords Special Order team. However there is not a Specialized dealer nearby to try the bike beforehand. She is 5'4" with and inseam of 29.5". Which size would you recommend. I suggested the small. We have been to Halfords to try out other bikes, although I couldn't find anything in their range that matches the geometry.

She appears to be borderline between small and medium. So based on thee measurements, what would you recommend. I think sizing down is definetly the way to go.

Sml - Seat Tube = 395mm (15.6"); Top Tube = 515mm (20.3"); Stand-Over = 731mm (28.8")
Med - Seat Tube = 440mm (17.3"); Top Tube = 535mm (21.1"); Stand-Over = 766mm (30.2")

I presume that if it does not fit it can be returned, and not signed for in store.

Comments

• No-one knows then. Does anyone know where I should post this to get a response? Thanks
  • Chris_Who
    Chris_Who Posts: 137
    If her inseam is 29.5", there's little point in having the medium with the higher stand over height - if she has to jump of the saddle swiftly it could be a bit painful, no?

So get the smaller one. Saddle, stem and riser adjustments will be enough to fine tune.

Fat people are so insensitive