Loud colleagues

il_principe
il_principe Posts: 9,155
edited May 2009 in Commuting chat
SHUT THE FCUK UP! ARRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

One of my colleagues has been practically SHOUTING greasy platitudes down the phone to a client for the last half an hour and it is driving me insane.

I just want a peaceful morning, so shut up and send a FCUKING email.

:evil:

Comments

• cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    Headphones are your friend, they are the only way I can get work done in the office
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Do what I do - come into the office ealy am - no one here! Get a load done then chat and check BR the rest of the day........
  • Gavin Gilbert
    Gavin Gilbert Posts: 4,019
    I work with Kiwis. I feel your pain :cry:
  • sarajoy
    sarajoy Posts: 1,675
    I have a couple of guys in the next door bay who argue like a married couple, one has that reasonable I'm-a-dick-but-I'll-make-you-feel-unreasonable voice, and the other is really whiney. Arrgghhh.
    4537512329_a78cc710e6_o.gif4537512331_ec1ef42fea_o.gif
  • blu3cat
    blu3cat Posts: 1,016
    SHUT THE FCUK UP! ARRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

One of my colleagues has been practically SHOUTING greasy platitudes down the phone to a client for the last half an hour and it is driving me insane.

I just want a peaceful morning, so shut up and send a FCUKING email.

If they're anything like the people in our office, if you make a noise as loud as a mouse who has lost it's voice you'll get asked to keep it down as you're disturbing them. :roll:

Set the fire alarm off, they'll have to leave the building then.
    "Bed is for sleepy people.
    Let's get a kebab and go to a disco."

FCN = 3 - 5
    Colnago World Cup 2
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Our marketing department was made redundant. The office is now a far more peaceful place.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Start telling racist / sexist / homophobic jokes. That soon makes an office go v quiet. Probably.
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    Just walk over and tighten his tie to the point that breathing is hard, that'll quiet him down a bit.
  • il_principe
    Just walk over and tighten his tie to the point that breathing is hard, that'll quiet him down a bit.

Tie? Not in my office!
  • blu3cat
    Start telling racist / sexist / homophobic jokes. That soon makes an office go v quiet. Probably.

and guarentees a trip to HR for a very noisy telling off / disciplinary!

FCN = 3 - 5
    Colnago World Cup 2
  • il_principe
    blu3cat wrote:

and guarentees a trip to HR for a very noisy telling off / disciplinary!

Especially as the colleague concerned is a black fella...
  • always_tyred
    always_tyred Posts: 4,965
    Here is a picture of my boss.
    _1144917_dom_joly150pa.jpg
  • blu3cat
    What about wiring his phone earpiece to mains live, and his chair to earth. Should keep him quiet (permanently) after a short yelp. :twisted:

Plus it'll probably blow your main fuse and you can all have a couple of hours off.

FCN = 3 - 5
    Colnago World Cup 2
  • woodgob
    woodgob Posts: 96
    One of my colleagues types harder than anyone I've ever heard. He listens to 'happy hardcore' while working (whatever that is :? ) He's gone through 3 keyboards in a year - mostly due to the Return key going into orbit. He might be angry. :evil:

As for the guy that insits on eating his breakfast at his desk. I don't want to hear the chink of spoon on bowl while I'm working at 10.30am. It's a quiet open office customer facing envronment. Or am I just being intolerant?

And sniffing. Why can't people use a fcuking tissue. I've got it in stereo. BLOW YOUR FCUKING NOSE!!!!! ARE YOU 5????

Sorry. I feel better though.
  • always_tyred
    always_tyred Posts: 4,965
    Our marketing department was made redundant. The office is now a far more peaceful place.
    Don't you miss all the amusing and distinctive ring tones that broadcast their individuality?
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112

It's always Sales and Marketing! :roll:
  • posh_pedaller
    posh_pedaller Posts: 124
    This thread is making me realise how annoying everyone must find me.
    FCN 7
    Porridge and coffee - the breakfast of champions
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    I got a guy that sits behind me and I can hear him eat. Not the crunch of the food... oh no... I can hear his tongue slapping around his mouth as he chews his food, which I can also hear! FCUKING ANNOYING, if it was school I'd have cussed his mum and had a fight behind the bike shed by now.... I wish they'd allow that at work, the amount of people I'd take down....

DDD wages war against Fat Cat NHS bosses
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    I have the answer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRkiouh5NEI

if only we all had office linebackers to fix all of these annoyances!
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Don't you miss all the amusing and distinctive ring tones that broadcast their individuality?

Yes, deeply, more than I can express. And the fact that they call everyone DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHLING at the tops of their voices so the rest of the office can hear that they have a friend. :roll:
  • blu3cat

Yes, deeply, more than I can express. And the fact that they call everyone DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHLING at the tops of their voices so the rest of the office can hear that they have a friend. :roll:

Anyone else work for a media company - even the postroom call everyone Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahling & as for the Marketing dept............

Nathan Barley was unnervingly accurate.

Anthrax in the cocaine, could make the office much quieter.

FCN = 3 - 5
    Colnago World Cup 2