Superstar flat pedals, any good?

thinkofthemoonbob
thinkofthemoonbob Posts: 28
edited May 2009 in MTB buying advice
Decided to get shut of the stock pedals on my spesh hardrock pro '06 after learning to dirt jump and realising they were simply too slippy to be safe now that i'm getting the bike off the ground (incidentally this happened just as my student loan came in :wink: )

I found these recently and was wandering if they are a sound purchace? can't find reviews anywhere!
http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=42&products_id=194

Comments

• elPedro666
    elPedro666 Posts: 1,060
    Look a bit like 50/50s to me...

Can't go far wrong with a pair of DMR V12s & pocket the change, or if you only ride in the dry I picked up a set V8esque Wellgos (same pedals, different name) for about a tenner - perfect!

Currently got a Kore set on and to be honest there's too much grip - you can't reposition your feet without taking them right off (for the record, I wear old Vans waffle-soles). Terrified of what they're gonna do to my shins too...! :cry:
    WTD:
    Green Halo TwinRail
    25.0mm-26.2mm seatpost shim
    Red X-Lite bling
    Specialized ladies BG saddle (white?) 155mm
    RH thumbie
    700x28c CX tyres&tubs
    Flatbars 620mm 25,4mm & swept, ti in an ideal world
  • bungalistic
    bungalistic Posts: 543
    They look nothing like 50/50's to me.

Look like nice pedals, I had a bolt through pins on an older pair of pedals and much prefer them to normal grub screws.

They do look like a number of other more well known branded flat pedals, it's possible they are made by the same factory so they're claim to be "sold for £90+ under other brands" could well be correct.

If you do buy some let me know what they're like I've been considering getting some myself.
  • Decided to go for them, ill hopefully have them in a few days!

Ill report back when i've given them a test ride :D
  • toasty
    toasty Posts: 2,598
    I think they're fantastic, lighter than V12s with a really big platform. Definitely far grippier for me than V12s.

They're the same as the Deity Decoys or Kona Wahwahs.
  • got 'em within a day of ordering!
    i've only had chance to fit them and give them a quick run around the city centre so far, but i'm pleased to report that they've got the kind of grip akin to some kona jackshits i tried out on a mates bike a bit ago, which is bloody awesome!

so far this pedal just feels... right, much better than the old worn down things i had on before. i don't have to constantly fear pedal slips every time it rains now!
  • Mr Wu
    Mr Wu Posts: 1,238
    Superstar stuff is ace, i get my brake pads from them.
  • The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
    I think their stuff is awesome - very competitive pricing, those pedals are gorgeous!
  • bungalistic
    bungalistic Posts: 543
    Payday has just come around so I might invest in a pair myself.
  • Ok then, had the chance to use them for some proper riding and i'm happy to report back that they're brilliant for everything i've put them through. Oh and the paint hasn't rubbed off in two seconds, a la V12's :P

Only one issue i've had was the right pedal developed a click on the first hill climb i put them through. Was simple to fix though, just needed a strip down and rebuild, i reckon it just wasn't tightened enough in the factory :roll:

All in all I recommend them highly, GO BUY SOME!
  • Regal
    Regal Posts: 55
    i just fitted sonme new flats after doin alot o research... ended up goin wih the Kona wah wah`s.... 44 quid deliverd.... fekin things are like glued to my feet..... i can only imagine how sticky they would be if i could afford some five tens :)

read alot of reviews on em and never found a bad 1 :)