alpcycles.com, comments?

Tubbster
Tubbster Posts: 3
edited July 2009 in Tour & expedition
Greetings one and all...

I am thinking of struggling up some Alpine cols in the Summer and have been looking into trips with this company.

Has anyone used them before or know much about them?
It would be ideal if someone could share their actual holiday experience...good, bad or otherwise...

All comments welcome!!

Cheers,
Tubbster

Comments

• Dean.R
    Dean.R Posts: 1
    I have been twice over the last two years, adn each time it has exceeded are expectations. With brilliant hospitality and some amazing rides, i would recomend them to anyone
  • Doom
    Doom Posts: 133
    Fantastic experience, great hosts and most of all the riding was exceptional. Do be careful of the chocolate pudding though as I ended up putting on weight despite all the riding :D
    FCN: 4
  • will220
    will220 Posts: 1
    I have been with the a couple of times and they are fantastic. Excellent company and food, and the riding is superb!
  • acavell
    acavell Posts: 1
    Hi

I went last year for the Alp Cycles "Big Col week" with a view to doing the Marmotte in July. The week was great, scenic riding with lots of climbing, well organized and fantastic food. It also gave me the confidence to do the Marmotte which I am not sure I would have done otherwise.

I would definately return for another trip.

Enjoy!
  • Coyote
    Coyote Posts: 212
    I went on one of their Big Cols weeks last June and it was fantastic! I was a solo traveller and had never been to the Alps before so was a little nervous about it. Any nerves dissapeared in the arrivals area at Geneva airport when I met the team and most of my companions for the coming week - a warm, friendly welcome from everyone which set the tone for the week.

I was the weakest link in the group in terms of tackling the big climbs but Ade & Steve got it just right, balancing the encouragement, advice and letting me get on with it when I asked them too. Combine this with some great tips on decending too and by the middle of the week I was having the time of my life and my whole game had really improved. If you are a good climber already you will still enjoy this as you get enough freedom to do your thing whatever your level.

Accomodation and food were 1st class and the whole team are great fun and relaxed. You could not get better value for money. The rest of the cyclists were also really good company and I have stayed in touch with a few of them.

I can't make it over this year but I will be back in 2010!
  • Tubbster
    Tubbster Posts: 3
    Thanks very much for the replies everyone, much appreciated!!!

For a while there though, I didn't think I would get any :shock:

Looks like I'm heading off to France then... :wink: only shame about the euro :(

Mmm, that chocolate pudding does sound good...

Cheers,
    Tubbster
  • MooMoo
    MooMoo Posts: 3
    Just returned from the Marmotte.

Looked after really well by Alpcycles - so I certainly endorse the comments above about their service.

Mike