Comments

• moonio
    moonio Posts: 802
    l_beb731b2710146579ee8818421aae4e1.jpg

l_a02ef0bc0b50403bb4209bbd66dd1441.jpg
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    do you have the nut?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • moonio
    The nut was not there when it came of, but the bike manufacturer is sending me a new one, is it easy to fit?
  • nicklouse
    yep put arm on and tighten the nut.

But the nut is recessed in the arm so a thin walled socket or nut driver will be needed.

or a crank nut spanner

http://www.parktool.com/products/detail ... item=CCW-5
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • moonio
    Does anyone know where In central london I can buy that socket spanner, apparently I need a 14mm socket spanner or a small socket set.

I found this on argos, will it do?

94-7001844SPA71UC554317X.jpg
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Try Robert Dyas
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • moonio
    This is the socket set in robert dyaas, is it the correct one?

123078.jpg
  • nicklouse
    unfortunately most sockets are too thick and will not fit into the crank arm.
  • moonio
    You were right the robert dyas set was too big but I got one of these from bikehut and tightened the nut which was still inside the crank arm :)

AJ60950604.JPG
  • nicklouse
    sweet, the only problem is that you can not get that much force with that Tri socket driver. take it with you untill you are sure the nut wont come lose.
  • moonio
    Well things were going well until last night when the crank arm kept coming off, took it to a LBS and found that the crank was worn so had another one fitted and things seem pretty good so far.
  • D3cL4N
    D3cL4N Posts: 1
    Hi there..

I was just looking through the forum and noticed your post. I wasnt a member but signed up to reply :P

I had the same problem and this was when the nut was fully tight. None of my local bike shops could colve the problem I changed the arm and nut and bottom bracket. In the end I put all the old stuff back on and put lock tight on the nut and tighterned it as much as i could. Its been fine since. Seems one of them problems that just occurs. Think the bolt was just coming loose strange though..

Try this before wasting money like I did :wink:
  • neiltb
    neiltb Posts: 332
    wow, I didn't realise you could still get bottom brackets with the nut end!

There's your problem, I have found that an upgrade to even the cheapest cartridge bb with bolt ends will solve this issue.
    FCN 12