Advice needed

South Tyne Rider
South Tyne Rider Posts: 76
edited May 2009 in Road beginners
Alright folks

Still fairly new here but need some much-needed advice. A car hurtled into me at a roundabout yesterday, flinging me up into the air and causing me damage to my bike, clothes, and substantial injuries but nothing too serious. It was the same old problem - not looking at a roundabout, yet again. It seems to happen all the time!

The police rang to say she has admitted liability and accepts the blame, just wondering what yous would do from here?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Flasheart
    Flasheart Posts: 1,278
    Have you visited A&E or your Doctor?
    Though it may not be apparent at the moment, you may have some damage to yourself.
    You have to cover yourself. If somethong goes "pop" several months down the road as a result of this you may have to be off work (not good in this economic climate). If you have a medical record of this event, you have some comeback, although I loathe these "injury Lawyers" / Ambulance Chasers that seem to plague the TV and radio thesedays. :evil:
    This is the very same reason that you "should" have an accident book at work. It covers your a$$ just in case.
    The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle. ...Stapp’s Ironical Paradox Law
    FCN3
    http://img87.yfrog.com/img87/336/mycubeb.jpg
    http://lonelymiddlesomethingguy.blogspot.com/
  • dg74
    dg74 Posts: 656
    Alright folks

Still fairly new here but need some much-needed advice. A car hurtled into me at a roundabout yesterday, flinging me up into the air and causing me damage to my bike, clothes, and substantial injuries but nothing too serious. It was the same old problem - not looking at a roundabout, yet again. It seems to happen all the time!

The police rang to say she has admitted liability and accepts the blame, just wondering what yous would do from here?

Thanks in advance

Christ lad, get to a doctor to see if any lasting damage has been done. That is the first thing you should have done/be doing.

The rest of the advice will follow from various member of this esteemed forum.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Once you've got your own injuries checked over, have the bike checked too for damage. You'll be claiming for it to be fixed or replaced, so be sure that everything is checked thoroughly, even down to the bar tape. Include any damaged accessories (lights, computer) and clothing too. If it wasn't your fault, you have the right to be back in the approximate state that you & the bike were in prior to the collision. The driver who hit you is responsible for the damage, so you need to have a proper itemised claim ready for her & her insurer to deal with.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Glad you aren't too bad!

Claim for everything. Everything. Bottle cages, seatbolt clamp, skewers, inner tubes, the works.
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Deffo get checked out. I too was hit on a roundabout over 4 months ago. Knackered AC joint and nerve damage - off for MRI scan tomorrow and Nerve tests in a couple of weeks. Spent ovet £1k on physio.

Are you insured ?
  • SpinningJenny
    SpinningJenny Posts: 889
    Get thee to a medical professional! :shock:

Claim for all of your damaged goods!

Look after yourself...
    Ned Flanders: “You were bicycling two abreast?”
    Homer Simpson: “I wish. We were bicycling to a lake.”

Specialized Rockhopper Pro Disc 08