Where is Attica?!?!?!?!

gtvlusso
gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
edited May 2009 in Commuting chat
Has someone stolen him?! Has he got swine flu?! Not seen a post from the ol' boy for a while.....

Comments

• robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    Here you go fella;

"Attica is a peninsula jutting into the Aegean Sea".

Ask me another :wink:
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Where is Clever Pun?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • gtvlusso
    It's the CIA!!!! They have been contacted by the oil companies, the corporations are trying to kill off any form of green transport by infiltrating web forums and killing off the postees......

BRB, knock at door..................!
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    MIA:
    Jen J
    Wrath Bob
    SaraJoy
    Litts*

*wot no t'interweb in l'afrique?
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    JonGinge wrote:
    MIA:
    Jen J
    Wrath Bob
    SaraJoy
    Litts*

Either that or someone is taking scalping literally - a la Silence of the Lambs...
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Where is VL and that Ghey chap who had a thing for G66 :lol:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • hisoka
    hisoka Posts: 541
    *drum roll*
    at the top of the housea
    *sound of me running to get my coat and leave.*

There are a few regs seeming to be MIA, I blame good weather and riding lots.
    "This area left purposefully blank"
    Sign hung on my head everyday till noon.

FCN: 11 (apparently)
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    Bu99er

Been somewhat busy, worked something daft like 40 hours over the weekend and am still catching up, annoyingly I was in London and drove past the Morpeth several times, argh.

Work is going mental at the moment and I'm afraid I've rather had to abandon y'all for a bit.

I am still lurking occasionally, even getting out on my bike occasionally and still planning on hosting a social ride on the 9th of May, who's coming?
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • gtvlusso
    Nuts! I am on-call that weekend....:-( Could come with laptop in backpack I suppose.....
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
    itboffin wrote:
    that Ghey chap who had a thing for G66 :lol:

DDD? :lol:
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    itboffin wrote:
    that Ghey chap who had a thing for G66 :lol:

DDD? :lol:

Oi!!!!

:evil:
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    JonGinge wrote:
    MIA:
    Jen J
    Wrath Bob
    SaraJoy
    Litts*

SaraJoy is on a boat with Mr SaraJoy. She responded to the text I sent about the summer ride in RP. Obviously a youngcouple in love, alone on a boat together are going to want to do other things than log-on to BR.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    redvee wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:
    MIA:
    Jen J
    Wrath Bob
    SaraJoy
    Litts*

SaraJoy is on a boat with Mr SaraJoy. She responded to the text I sent about the summer ride in RP. Obviously a youngcouple in love, alone on a boat together are going to want to do other things than log-on to BR.

Not sure what that means :wink:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • hisoka
    hisoka Posts: 541
    itboffin wrote:
    redvee wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:
    MIA:
    Jen J
    Wrath Bob
    SaraJoy
    Litts*

Not sure what that means :wink:

Take the bikes off the back of the boat and go for a ride of course!
    "This area left purposefully blank"
    Sign hung on my head everyday till noon.

FCN: 11 (apparently)
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    redvee wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:
    MIA:
    Jen J
    Wrath Bob
    SaraJoy
    Litts*

They've not gone via Windsor have they:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/5248440/Sex-on-Queens-lawn-at-Windsor-Castle.html

:shock:
  • Feltup
    Feltup Posts: 1,340

I love the line about them ignoring the keep off the grass sign!
    Short hairy legged roadie FCN 4 or 5 in my baggies.

Felt F55 - 2007
    Specialized Singlecross - 2008
    Marin Rift Zone - 1998
    Peugeot Tourmalet - 1983 - taken more hits than Mohammed Ali
  • redvee
    hisoka wrote:

Take the bikes off the back of the boat and go for a ride of course!

She be out in the Balearics, doubt if the bikes have gone on holiday as well.
  • gb155
    gb155 Posts: 2,048
    redvee wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:
    MIA:
    Jen J
    Wrath Bob
    SaraJoy
    Litts*

SaraJoy is on a boat with Mr SaraJoy. She responded to the text I sent about the summer ride in RP. Obviously a youngcouple in love, alone on a boat together are going to want to do other things than log-on to BR.[/quote]

Does not compute
    On a Mission to lose 20 stone..Get My Life Back

December 2007 - 39 Stone 05 Lbs

July 2011 - 13 Stone 12 Lbs - Cycled 17851 Miles

http://39stonecyclist.com
    Now the hard work starts.
  • gtvlusso
    Moonlighting as a framebuilder...:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sigma-Attica-Road ... 7C294%3A50
  • attica
    attica Posts: 2,362
    tempting at £1.04
    "Impressive break"

"Thanks...

...I can taste blood"
  • sarajoy
    sarajoy Posts: 1,675
    redvee wrote:
    Close, but no cigar!

I was on a tall ship in the Balearics, the boyfriend was still in Brizzle (poor lad wouldn't have fitted any of the bunks) - I was being a hard-working volunteer dirty deckhand for a week. Scrubbing, sanding, painting, climbing (rigging!), rope-pulling, skinny-dipping, handing/stowing/setting sails, but sadly no splicing and certainly not of the main brace. A fair bit of boozing though while we had shore leave.

This was with the Tall Ships Youth Trust (http://www.tallships.org/) - it's a world away and I always have an awesome albeit tiring time. Still feel a little drunk though, I keep swaying - not yet regained my land-legs.
    4537512329_a78cc710e6_o.gif4537512331_ec1ef42fea_o.gif
  • redvee
    sarajoy wrote:
    Still feel a little drunk though, I keep swaying - not yet regained my land-legs.

You were getting preparations in the last time I saw you with the wobbling you were doing on your bike as you left Mud Dock :oops:

Time for another one next week?
  • linsen
    linsen Posts: 1,959
    sarajoy wrote:
    redvee wrote:
    Close, but no cigar!

I was on a tall ship in the Balearics, the boyfriend was still in Brizzle (poor lad wouldn't have fitted any of the bunks) - I was being a hard-working volunteer dirty deckhand for a week. Scrubbing, sanding, painting, climbing (rigging!), rope-pulling, skinny-dipping, handing/stowing/setting sails, but sadly no splicing and certainly not of the main brace. A fair bit of boozing though while we had shore leave.

This was with the Tall Ships Youth Trust (http://www.tallships.org/) - it's a world away and I always have an awesome albeit tiring time. Still feel a little drunk though, I keep swaying - not yet regained my land-legs.

Cool! I sailed on a tall ship for two weeks with the STA many years ago - a ship called the Malcolm Miller. An awesome and gruelling experience....
    Emerging from under a big black cloud. All help welcome
  • sarajoy
    sarajoy Posts: 1,675
    Linsen - the very same, STA is now TSYT :)

There's more climbing to be had now that their main tallship is a square rigger :D Sadly they're trying to sell the other one so it's out of circulation, and they're running Challenger yachts instead. Boo.

Redvee I wasn't that bad once I'd actually unlocked the thing and packed myself up :P

Next week? Hrm, maybe, definitely maybe...!
    4537512329_a78cc710e6_o.gif4537512331_ec1ef42fea_o.gif