rockshox reba race

AaronJ
AaronJ Posts: 30
edited May 2009 in MTB buying advice
Hi. Thinking of getting a set of reba race 09 for a marin hawkhill 09. i like the frame and am completing rebuilding the bike over time.

Any ride reba race as i would like some feedback before purchasing.

At the same time i have a specialized fsr comp 09 for sale for £650ish. ridden about 10 times in good condition prefer the marin and need the money for upgrades.

thanks

Comments

• Tank-slapper
    Tank-slapper Posts: 968
    good forks
  • I have the reba Team and they are seriously good forks when set up
    I assume this is French petrol - be careful in reverse - the car will retreat rapidly at the least provocation.
  • pdid
    pdid Posts: 1,065
    Reba`s on offer at Merlin at the moment, Reba Teams for £360

http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/?fn=produ ... egoryId=18

Edit: Sorry £275, but with a 185mm steerer:

http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/?fn=produ ... egoryId=18
  • Excellent choice of fork. :D
    I have one on my Kona Explosif hardtail.
    It has replased a Marzocchi Gran Fondo fork but you really can't compare it with the Reba.
    If i'm reading it correctly your bike also has a Marzocchi fork but with a metal spring inside.
    And that is the big difference between the fork you have now and the Reba - About 4-500 grams of unsuspended (don't know if it' the right word...) weight.
    Once you get the setup with both positive and negative air you're flying.
    I have mine adjusted with 10 psi more positive than negative air no matter what pressure i ride with. Usually it is 105+ and 95- , and my weight is 76 kg.
    If you deside to get the Reba then do yourself a favor and get a remote poploc to mount on the handlebar so you don't have to reach down to lock/unlock the fork.
    Another nice feature with the Reba is the adjustable floodgate.
    If you forget to unlock the fork or you deside to ride with the fork locked the floodgate will detect bumps and unlock itselft so you don't crash or damage the fork.

PS: I don't type or speak english wery often as you probably allready have guessed :? :D
  • AaronJ
    AaronJ Posts: 30
    thanks for the feeback everyone.

Gonna get them ordered now withan XT groupset.

cheers