Wanted Dragon Ride Place

Hi

I am after a place for this years Dragon Ride. If anyone can't make it and is interested in transfering their entry please get in touch.

cheers

Ben

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,235
    If I were you I wouldn't bother.

Why don't you just ride the course without registering? Roads are public, nobody can say anything. The organisers make enough money out of the event... You avoid the one hour queue for the start and the food stations are quite pathetic, really... with the 30 pounds you save you can stop for breakfast and for lunch in some nice cafe along the way and probably save yourself some money
    left the forum March 2023
  • Hi,
    Thanks for the suggestion. If I ride the event I would do it officially as there are various potential risks involved. I won't go into them here but they have been covered well here: http://www.cyclosport.org/forum/reply.aspx?fid=26&tid=2480

If anyone has a entry they can't use for the Dragon Ride I am still interested in a transfer.

cheers
  • ledburyloafer
    ledburyloafer Posts: 126

Why don't you just ride the course without registering? Roads are public, nobody can say anything. The organisers make enough money out of the event... You avoid the one hour queue for the start and the food stations are quite pathetic, really... with the 30 pounds you save you can stop for breakfast and for lunch in some nice cafe along the way and probably save yourself some money

muppet! :evil: sorry to say that your attitude stinks, and yes you can do it, but why?, suggest you go back to what ever other forum you may have came from, because it's quite obvious from your attitude and arrogance that you don't belong here. :x
    i'll ride anything, but I prefer carbon.......... she screamed!!

www.sportivecentral.com
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283

You can stop for water though. Water is a legal right for everyone. Isn't it?
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,235

muppet! :evil: sorry to say that your attitude stinks, and yes you can do it, but why?, suggest you go back to what ever other forum you may have came from, because it's quite obvious from your attitude and arrogance that you don't belong here. :x

Arrogance? You insult me and I am the arrogant one... think again!

Don't know why you take it so personally, the DR is not a charity event, mr Lunardi makes a healthy profit out of it, don't see anything immoral in riding along the course. Plus it's sold out, so even if one was willing to give him more money...

What I think is important to remember is not to bother paying riders, but it's not a competitive event, so even that has little sense...
    left the forum March 2023
  • allt60
    allt60 Posts: 1
    Hi Ben,

I have a place available for the Grand Fondo (190km) i'm unable to attend now due to work commitments. So how do we proceed?
  • allt60: Great stuff. I have sent you a PM. :wink:

cheers

Ben