How it's not done

greg66_tri_v2.0
greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
edited April 2009 in Commuting chat
Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
Bike 2-A

Comments

• downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    Cant get the thing to work. :(
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    :shock:
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • I don't need to worry.

The only geezer near me on my only race was miles ahead or 100 yards behind (like 1 person behind, 21 ahead!!)

Nasty rash............. :shock:
    [1]Ribble winter special
    [2] Trek 5200 old style carbon
    [3] Frankensteins hybrid FCN 8
  • always_tyred
    always_tyred Posts: 4,965
    There's only two letters between "crit" and "CHRIST!!!!"
  • Christophe3967
    Christophe3967 Posts: 1,200
    The fundamental problem with Crits is summed up in that video. You need to be prepared to trash your pride and joy because some other muppet can't ride his bike properly. The pros are fine - a mechanic brings you another bike and you just worry about the road rash...

It's why I hate sitting in the passenger seat as well. :(
  • cjcp
    I'm sorely tempted to enter the Guildford town centre race in early July, but trashing the bike weighs heavily on the wind. Came mightily close to it a Hillingdon last year (the guy to my right wasn't so lucky and snapped his forks).

I'm wondering whether the spare alu frame I have should just be built up for races.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • always_tyred
    always_tyred Posts: 4,965
    cjcp wrote:
    I'm sorely tempted to enter the Guildford town centre race in early July, but trashing the bike weighs heavily on the wind. Came mightily close to it a Hillingdon last year (the guy to my right wasn't so lucky and snapped his forks).

I'm wondering whether the spare alu frame I have should just be built up for races.
    Its not just the bike you have to worry about. There is a lot of momentum in 40 lardy blokes with delusions of being 'Cipo, and you do tend to get more brittle with age.

I'm a bad troll.
  • cjcp
    cjcp wrote:

Its not just the bike you have to worry about. There is a lot of momentum in 40 lardy blokes with delusions of being 'Cipo, and you do tend to get more brittle with age.

I'm a bad troll.

Very true. That was one of the reasons why the forks snapped in two or three places and why he was a bit cut up, particularly his nose. It was the usual pandemonium on the final lap.
    FCN 2-4.

"It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."