Tour of Romandie - SPOILER

Kléber
Kléber Posts: 6,842
edited May 2009 in Pro race
Prologue is on now but there's no video feed. Fastest time so far by FDJ's Veilkannen, with Tony Martin second. My PTP pick is Cancellara but maybe watch out for Cav and Rabon.

Comments

• NervexProf
    NervexProf Posts: 4,202
    Common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom
  • Kléber
    1 Frantisek Rabon (Cze) Team Columbia - High Road 3.45
    2 Sandy Casar (Fra) Française Des Jeux 0.02
    3 Alejandro Valverde Belmonte (Spa) Caisse d'Epargne 0.03
    4 Tyler Farrar (USA) Garmin - Slipstream 0.04
    5 Roman Kreuziger (Cze) Liquigas
    6 Maxim Iglinskiy (Kaz) Astana
    7 Jussi Veikkanen (Fin) Française Des Jeux
    8 Jeróme Coppel (Fra) Française Des Jeux 0.05
    9 Manuel Quinziato (Ita) Liquigas
    10 Oscar Freire Gomez (Spa) Rabobank
  • jimycooper
    jimycooper Posts: 740
    rabon wins ahead of casar and valverde, and i dont think a single piont was scored on ptp hehe
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    Caught the tail end and have now picked them up on tv.
    Hope they are live all week, as their tv guide didn't show it as on, yet, they had 2 hours worth.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Three FDJ riders in the top 10?! Weird.
  • Noodley
    Noodley Posts: 1,725
    afx237vi wrote:
    Three FDJ riders in the top 10?! Weird.

If only you had gone with your "mmm he has a chance instincts" :lol:

Mind you I think that every race with FdeJ and never pick them. They will do something soon mark my words :oops: :lol:
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    My pictures of the prologue here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dotcycling ... 448516232/
    www.dotcycling.com
  • blazing_saddles
    15:00 - 17:00
    TOUR DE ROMANDIE 1^ TAPPA Diretta ore 15.00

Sport Italia feed and free on tv, too. :wink:

Edit: Stage shortened due to foul weather.....
  • I've got Di Gregorio for today... Could be the start of something big!
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    I've got Di Gregorio for today... Could be the start of something big!

Possibly... a big one of these:

:lol::wink:
  • Kléber
    Big disappointment? He tried the first attack of the day but got reeled in like a minnow. He might be a pick for the Dauphiné stages, maybe.

Today's stage has been shortened because of bad weather, they dropped the pointy bit that goes through the slick ski resort of Gstaad. 88 km only. No doubt Cav is delighted.
  • Kléber wrote:
    Big disappointment? He tried the first attack of the day but got reeled in like a minnow. He might be a pick for the Dauphiné stages, maybe.

Today's stage has been shortened because of bad weather, they dropped the pointy bit that goes through the slick ski resort of Gstaad. 88 km only. No doubt Cav is delighted.

At least I can pick which stages it looks like riders might try something on...

You gotta take what you can in these situations.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • NervexProf
    Reminder of live TV feed:

http://www.sportitalia.com/SIlivefeed.aspx

Stage 1 on now...27km remaining
  • NervexProf
    13 km remain. Peleton @ 1.33 - methinks a bunch sprint is in prosepct!
  • blazing_saddles
    It's already over. I watched the same Italian tv station as this feed. :?
    I won't spoil the spoiler...
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    that feed is late; it's already over... nice result for ptp :wink:
  • blazing_saddles
    Cadel Evans and Phil Gilbert in a two up attack? Surprising, to say the least.
    The climbs were much harder than the race profile suggests.
    Roman Kreuziger's form is impressive, which makes me think Liquigas wasted an opportunity by not giving him Bennati's Giro spot.

I'm still not sure what their Tour game plan is, with both him and Nibali chasing the Maillot Blanc. :?
  • drenkrom
    drenkrom Posts: 1,062
    Wow! How impressive is Rabon in Romandie? He's not the Columbia guy I would've bet on but he's on fire!
  • The Prodigy
    The Prodigy Posts: 832
    Roman Kreuziger's form is impressive, which makes me think Liquigas wasted an opportunity by not giving him Bennati's Giro spot.

I'm still not sure what their Tour game plan is, with both him and Nibali chasing the Maillot Blanc. :?

Have to agree with you on Kreuziger, very impressed with him over the last few weeks
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,646

Have to agree with you on Kreuziger, very impressed with him over the last few weeks

a lot of guys who had a dig at Amstrel are coming to the fore
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642

Why is that? Bennati is a sprinter and will no doubt pick up at least one stage.

Also check out CQ - for 2009, Bennati has 524 points whereas Kreuziger has 113. Kreuziger has only had 3 top tens whereas Bennati has had 14
    Contador is the Greatest
  • The Prodigy

Why is that? Bennati is a sprinter and will no doubt pick up at least one stage.

Also check out CQ - for 2009, Bennati has 524 points whereas Kreuziger has 113. Kreuziger has only had 3 top tens whereas Bennati has had 14

Thats all well and good but he's really going to have a job on winning a stage :wink:

You wanna bet he doesn't?
  • frenchfighter
    Prodigy your comment makes no sense.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • The Prodigy
    Makes perfect sense, your comments about Bennati winning stages doesn't.
  • The Prodigy
    Come on I bet you that Bennati doesn't win a stage of the Giro 2009
  • frenchfighter
    "You wanna bet he doesn't?" - this makes no sense as I have said he would. You should ask if I want to bet that he does.

I am afraid that although it is possible that he will not win a stage that would be highly unlikely.

I am not sure if you watched the Giro last year but he beat Cavendish and won three stages as well as taking the sprinters jersey. Writing him off is like buying a 5 delta option.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • The Prodigy
    "You wanna bet he doesn't?" - this makes no sense as I have said he would. You should ask if I want to bet that he does.

I am afraid that although it is possible that he will not win a stage that would be highly unlikely.

I am not sure if you watched the Giro last year but he beat Cavendish and won three stages as well as taking the sprinters jersey. Writing him off is like buying a 5 delta option.

Some one needs to fill you in old chap, your struggling
  • frenchfighter
    So you agree your comment didn't make sense as you didn't defend it.

If you are referring to Bennati not being at the Giro because of his injury then obviously it should be clear that I think there is a possibility that he could still make it.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • The Prodigy
    So you agree your comment didn't make sense as you didn't defend it.

If you are referring to Bennati not being at the Giro because of his injury then obviously it should be clear that I think there is a possibility that he could still make it.

I didn't feel the need to defend......and no it really isn't obvious