Now you have said it you had better be right

Stewie Griffin
Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
edited May 2009 in The bottom bracket

Comments

• on the road
    on the road Posts: 5,631
    They say that every year, so they're bound to get one right.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Great, always get the sun at the completely wrong time
  • It's not possible to forecast that fair ahead with any degree of accuracy - I know this for a fact!

But if it is lovely, I'll be happy 8)
    Ned Flanders: “You were bicycling two abreast?”
    Homer Simpson: “I wish. We were bicycling to a lake.”

Specialized Rockhopper Pro Disc 08
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    I hope they're right but, it seems they only ever are when they forcast crap weather.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    In broad terms they are often reasonably acurate. Day to day and long term forecasts arent as acurate as you would hope, but then you're dealing with chaos theory, LOL! :lol:

Personally I dont mind the rain. Ant temps over 25 degrees do me in with direct sunshine.
  • dbb
    dbb Posts: 323
    bring it on i say!

30 degrees - it will almost be hot. :shock: :twisted:
    regards,
    dbb
  • swagman
    swagman Posts: 115
    Watching a programme the other day, that was all about the last couple of bad summers was due to the high speed jet stream winds being to far south bringing in the cold weather.Now its looking further North where it will bring in the hotter conditions over the uk. I think.
    Get them kettles filled there be a drought by June..
  • Cressers
    Cressers Posts: 1,329
    Did the Met ofiice predict the recent cold winter?

They think the jet stream may be further north this year, but my theory is that melted Artic and Greenland will cool the sea surface and the atnosphere above it, bringing the jet stream south again soon...
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    I just read the whole article......

they have managed to cover just about every eventuality apart from snow.....
    Rainfall should be "near or below average" for the three months of summer, the forecasters say.

then
    However, they warn that heavy downpours cannot be ruled out.

so it might be dry......but wet at times.....
    "We can expect times when temperatures will be above 30C, something we hardly saw at all last year."

I like this one.....we hardly saw temps last year above 30, but have not said the temp didn't go above it....so just like last year, there will be times when the temp goes quite high.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • trickeyja
    trickeyja Posts: 202
    cee wrote:
    "We can expect times when temperatures will be above 30C, something we hardly saw at all last year."

I like this one.....we hardly saw temps last year above 30, but have not said the temp didn't go above it....so just like last year, there will be times when the temp goes quite high.

Summer 2008 was shocking overall, the maximum temperature for the whole island was onle 30.2 recorded in Cambridge on 28th July (http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/climate/uk/2008/july.html). There was also below average sunshine in July and August. 2007 was appaling as well, a maximum of 30.1 in Norfolk on Aug 5th, and even duller than Summer 2008 was. Compared with years like 2006, where there were something like 15 days above 30C across large swathes of the country, the temperature did barely go above 30 last year.

That said, they do seem to give the hot and sunny summer forecast pretty frequently. I think we definitely deserve some decent temperatures and sun this year though - I have been waiting for summer since 2006!