Ohhh.... I'm gonna get wet!

Kieran_Burns
Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
edited May 2009 in Commuting chat
I'm sat looking out the windows of my office to the East and there are some mighty big and black clouds coming this way :shock:

I've only got my shower proof top and that ain't got a hope in hell of doing me any good whatsoever.

Flaming hell, big black and fluffy cumulus clouds.

I think I might just cycle home naked - at least I'll save my clothes getting soaked. 8)

God, it's like a rolling bank of fluffy black.....
Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
2011 Trek Madone 4.5
2012 Felt F65X
Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter

Comments

• ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    Stop into a bike shop and treat yourself?
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    the sun has not long appeared here....
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • Kieran_Burns
    cee wrote:

you're not making friends here you know.....

:wink:
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    MTFU!

Your skin is waterproof...!
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    Stop into a bike shop and treat yourself?
    Did that once in Stirling.

I wandered into the shop totally soaked from head to foot. Everything stopped when the 4 staff spotted me and, to fill the silence, one asked, "Can I help you?".
    I replied, "I understand that you sell repellant clothing.". After a stunned silence I explained, "Water repellant!". :D

How I laughed on my way back out into the monsoon.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    cee wrote:

you're not making friends here you know.....

in fairness, up here the weather has been unseasonably good for a couple of weeks now.......wait ten minutes and it could snow though.

Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    I'm sat looking out the windows of my office to the East and there are some mighty big and black clouds coming this way :shock:

I've only got my shower proof top and that ain't got a hope in hell of doing me any good whatsoever.

Flaming hell, big black and fluffy cumulus clouds.

I think I might just cycle home naked - at least I'll save my clothes getting soaked. 8)

God, it's like a rolling bank of fluffy black.....

my got caught in a summer storm, on the bike. in a white cotten dress which is about the same as naked...
  • Kieran_Burns
    One drip, that's all i got. One drip.

Mind you, it may have been bird poo..... Oh bugger.

There were some REALLY threatening clouds the whole way home, but literally one drip fell on me, and that was right as I got back to my village.

Swirling was wind was a 'mare though. You'd be belting along with a great quartering tailwind and then suddenly it swung 'round to a 30mph gust straight in your face.

Rest day today (I need it) but I'll be going for a leisure ride this weekend. I may try for 50 miles
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • bratboy
    bratboy Posts: 82
    That's how it is ... always looks worse that it is :wink:

You never end up getting soaked as often as people would think. My wife ride to work yesterday and missed all the rain both ways, however on Monday for me it was a totally different situation...soaked to the sink within 10mins on the way, but missed it on the way home :D
    SC61.10a: FCN 3, with clip-on guards for winter
    Uncle John: FCN ?? knobblies, or 'fat' slicks n guards

If you haven't tried these things, you should.
    These things are fun, and fun is good.
  • tardington
    tardington Posts: 1,379
    Roger - you were wearing a dress? Nothing wrong with that, of course (I'm so PC).

It was dead nice here on the way to work, but now it's pissing down. :evil:
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Just got soaked meeting Mrs JW from work - looked ok when I set off but p*ssed down halfway - stopped just before she came out of work - much hilarity - also got Aaarghed at by a carload of chavs although to be honest it was more a girly scream - typical of this town - even the chavs are second rate :twisted:
  • tardington
    tardington Posts: 1,379
    You got aaarghed at? Are your cobblers a funny shape? :shock: