ergg!

tardington
tardington Posts: 1,379
edited May 2009 in Commuting chat
Just half heartedly cleaning out the corner of the room with all the bits and pieces of bikes. Picked up what looked like a fluffly pom-pom. IT IS A DEAD SPIDER EXPLODING WITH MOULD.

nb this is written 5 mins after, but my next action is to scrub hands with the nailbrush for at least half an hour. :shock:

Comments

• prj45
    prj45 Posts: 2,208
    It's all over your keyboard now.

Next time you use it it will soak into your fingers and grow out of your eyes.

Spider mould.
  • tardington
    With a bit of luck it will give me spider powers as well.

Just for an update, the Edinburgh Bikes chain tool SUCKS and will break very easily. ARG.
  • ewwww @ spider mould
    FCN 4

thereback.jpg
  • tardington
    You know you love it.

Though that is the reason I'm a-handscrubbin'...
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    Oh God that's disgusting. I hate spiders as it is.

If that'd been me I'd still be screaming like a little girl! :shock: :oops:
  • Christophe3967
    Christophe3967 Posts: 1,200
    tardie wrote:
    With a bit of luck it will give me spider powers as well.

Just for an update, the Edinburgh Bikes chain tool SUCKS and will break very easily. ARG.

The Park Tool one's not much better (the big one) - I broke the pin the first time I used it and ended up using the one on the multi-tool. Still trying to source a replacement pin but powerlink chains and the multi-tool mean I don't really need to bother.
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    I have the little cheapy park one, I have used it quite a bit, and it seems fine.

Are you sure you boys aren't just getting all macho on your chain tools? Hmmmmm?
  • always_tyred
    always_tyred Posts: 4,965
    I have the little cheapy park one, I have used it quite a bit, and it seems fine.

Are you sure you boys aren't just getting all macho on your chain tools? Hmmmmm?
    No, engineering standards in the bike industry are.... variable. I recently bent a bb tool. Should have bought the Park tool equiv for a £5 more. I'm coming to the conclusion that its ALWAYS worth it.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    I use the chain tool on my 5 year old toppeak multitool, never had any probs with it!
  • lost_in_thought: I think they might a little macho on the tools. My £7 chain tool is still working fine even after two years working in a bike shop and 20+ bikes I've had personally.
    jedster wrote:
    Just off to contemplate my own mortality and inevitable descent into decrepedness.
    FCN 3 or 4 on road depending on clothing
    FCN 8 off road because I'm too old to go racing around.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    I love the way this conversation moved seamlessly from mouldy spiders to bike tools....
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • nation
    nation Posts: 609
    I had to read this just as I started on my lunch...
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Mouldy Spiders - Great name for a band!!!! Well done!
  • Stone Glider
    Stone Glider Posts: 1,227
    Mouldy Spiders? Their second album was rubbish!
    The older I get the faster I was
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Didn't their front man go on to form The Monochrome Set?
  • hisoka
    hisoka Posts: 541
    gtvlusso wrote:
    Didn't their front man go on to form The Monochrome Set?

Yeah but the drummer fronted Snapped Pins
    "This area left purposefully blank"
    Sign hung on my head everyday till noon.

FCN: 11 (apparently)
  • tardington
    Mysteriously enough a quick google for Mouldy Spiders and variations gets me to this topic. I did find this though:
    I can state with some certainty that when you've eaten mouldy bread, it attracts special mould spiders into your stomach through your mouth while you sleep.

They then lay their eggs in your stomach and two days later loads of mould spiders come out of your ears.

On some other forum.

LiT - of course it was the tool's fault. There is no way I was doing it wrong but just kept turning the handle anyway.