Magnus Maximus coffee

le_patron
le_patron Posts: 493
edited May 2009 in Pro race
Apparently Magnus Backsted's MagnusMaximusCoffee.com development team have lost their co-backer, so it's just down to his Viking brand of coffee to pay the bills.

I'm not really in the market for Astanas or Plowman Cravens, but I like coffee. Not sure how 'special' the blend is or what that means, but it can't be terrible so I bought 500g of beans (beans only seem to be available in the larger size).

And here's a bonus picture I took of Magnus in Melton Mowbray on Sunday to inspire you to support the team, if you like coffee.

DSC08320.jpg

And no, I'm not on commission :)

Comments

• Too true. I don't even know what Plowman Craven do. Or CandiTV for that matter, though they sound dodgy.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    I bought some a year or so ago and really liked it. Sadly I have gone over to the dark side with a nespresso machine, but I might go and buy som MM just to show some support for Magnus - us big lads need to stick together!
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    it's nice stuff but *very* expensive (with postage); just can't afford it

And not even fairtrade. Pity.

Strava is not Zen.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Too true. I don't even know what Plowman Craven do. Or CandiTV for that matter, though they sound dodgy.

I just googled it and came away disappointed. It's very boring.
  • Christ that IS dull.. their suggestive name and colour scheme led to me expect so much more.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I have the recycling in the garage, just need to sort the Rapha and the Condor out.
  • cygnet
    cygnet Posts: 92
    Too true. I don't even know what Plowman Craven do. Or CandiTV for that matter, though they sound dodgy.

They do surveying of just about anything (including the velodrome track in Manchester before events like the Worlds for world record validation)
    It's made here in Fleet - the guys in the Italian coffee shop, on the High Street make the blend. Magnus' manager lives around the corner, and he's a regular visitor - never quite managed to get him out on the club run though! Unfortunately, I don't have a fresh-ground coffee machine at the moment, so haven't got round to buying some.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
    What do Marshalls Pasta do? :lol:
  • the ferry
    the ferry Posts: 258
    ......nice post if i see some of that coffee I'll buy some even though i don't have a machine!
    i look upon it as a treat to go for a nice break somewhere rather than have it every day and lose the enjoyment factor.
    I have thought before that we don't see a lot of the products over here. I was in Spain last year and noticed a bottle of gerolsteiner water in a supermarket, not only bought it but brought the bottle home :oops:
  • donaldinho
    donaldinho Posts: 103
    I can highly recommend Magnus' coffee: it's top quality stuff, and I'm VERY picky about my espresso. I've not got a fancy machine, just a stove top Bialetti.