attn RPCC - students & workshy midweek rides?

VinceEager
VinceEager Posts: 247
now that my leg muscles have reattached themselves and i can see straight again i'm keen to explore the smooth flat roads of surrey some more.

if anyone is free to ride weekdays and keen to head out would be good to hook up as south of Richmond i always seem to end up on the A3.
:D
...the bicycle is the most efficient machine ever created: Converting calories into gas, a bicycle gets the equivalent of three thousand miles per gallon...

Comments

• chrisw28
    chrisw28 Posts: 187
    Normally I'd be up for this but I think I'm gonna have to cut off almost all of my cycling for the next 3-4 weeks to work.

So no more cycling anymore for me, you're all gonna give me a royal arse kicking when I finally get back on the bike.

Enjoy your rides out though!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • chrisw28
    chrisw28 Posts: 187
    I can't stand turbos! Got rid of mine ages ago. Don't know how you guys do it!

Yeh it is a bit severe, and considering I tryed quite hard riding on my own over winter I'm kind of sad to let my fitness slip now (after all those frozen fingers and toes!). But then again, now is not the time for me to be pedalling around, I can do that later, I'll have 3 months or so after exams to see how much faster you lot have got. I don't really have a good endurance base of cycling in my legs (probably coming up to 6-7 months of frequent cycling now) so I expect my fitness to drop pretty quickly, but hopefully riding with everybody in peak summer fitness will drag me back up to speed. :D Plus motivational shouting from voxegam! I'm already dreading him reading this. :lol:
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    Is anyone up for a ride this wednesday? Miguel the mountain goat who made his debut a couple of weeks ago on the RPCC ride is keen for something midweek. Anyone up for a beasting with him :twisted: If so I will pass on details PM me - he still doesnt have an account on here.
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • voxegam
    voxegam Posts: 244
    chrisw28 wrote:
    Plus motivational shouting from voxegam! I'm already dreading him reading this. :lol:

Ask and you shall receive Chris......

Man up and get on your bike or thou shalt forever be a pussy. At this rate you'll never make it up Box Hill without stopping. Some of us are training hard at Uni ready to spank you come summertime.....I expect a sub-6min Box Hill time before I we ride in summer!!!
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro
    Planet-X (now winter-bike)
  • Petromyzon
    Petromyzon Posts: 221
    I'm off on thursday and keen for a morning hoon if that is any use to anyone?
  • VinceEager
    Petromyzon wrote:
    I'm off on thursday and keen for a morning hoon if that is any use to anyone?

i'm good for thursday morning.
    ...the bicycle is the most efficient machine ever created: Converting calories into gas, a bicycle gets the equivalent of three thousand miles per gallon...
  • VinceEager
    actually scrap that - thursday impossible now but tomorrow will be ok if any takers.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,207
    Sorry - didn't see this, otherwise might have been interested. I'm presuming the CSC/Cervelo rider I saw on Plough Lane this morning was a Richmond Parker - that's the uniform isn't it?

Anyway, I had my first go up Winterfold today (as well as most of the other hills I could find!) - I was thinking "oh, it's not as steep as I thought it would be", then came to the second 21% sign, and it went up again. glad to make it up without stopping.
  • VinceEager
    tbh wouldnt been seen dead with anything but csc/cervelo kit - that jens haussler and thor saxo-bank are the business. best pro team ever.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,207
    could have been you then - sorry, I should have had a chat and maybe joined up. I was on the old Trek and in a red Briko shirt. went past just before the hill after Cobham.
  • Rich-Ti
    Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
    Blimey, didn't even realise this had kicked off - good work guys! 8)
    chrisw28 wrote:
    I can't stand turbos! Got rid of mine ages ago. Don't know how you guys do it!
    Rollers Chris - they're the future! Still dull, but MUCH more interesting than a turbo! :D