A post for Mrs Toast

deadliest
deadliest Posts: 471
edited May 2009 in The Crudcatcher
Glad to see you have found a bike that fits . . . All hail Professor Von Stumpy :lol:

So when I see a blur on a white bike at cannock I know to get out of your way.

How about a new warning shout of ''Hot Toast coming through''

http://www.specializedriders.com/

Thought you might like the link above, You probably get gifts when you join which you can attach to the map of joy.
Bikes are drugs and Im pedalling

http://sherwoodpines.yolasite.com/

Comments

• Mrs Toast
    Mrs Toast Posts: 636
    Heh heh, cheers. If you see my bike as a white blur, go after it, it means someone's knicked it! :lol:

I checked the option to join the Riders Club when I registered the bike, don't think you get pressies for the generic free membership though. Still trying to decide what to spend the Spring Reward £185 on though. I'm trying to resist the urge to deck myself out entirely in white, and re-enact the scene from Lord of the Rings where Gandalf rides down the hill to Helm Deep....
  • deadliest
    Mrs Toast wrote:
    I'm trying to resist the urge to deck myself out entirely in white, and re-enact the scene from Lord of the Rings where Gandalf rides down the hill to Helm Deep....

Ooh she's off on a LoTR Tangent again :lol:

Expect to see a post about tackling the Boardwalk real soon as well, The professor deserves it.

• Whytepeak
    Whytepeak Posts: 2,616
    Bit off topic, but is your avatar Totoro?
    Now that we are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak and not to please ourselves. ROMANS 15:1
  • Mrs Toast
    Whytepeak wrote:
    Bit off topic, but is your avatar Totoro?

Aye...thought I'd already said yes, think my reply must have disappeared into the ether when this post got Crud Caught ;)

As for northshore, I'm contemplating the northshore at Llandegla (we're going there this weekend). Did the first lot fine (the smooth timber), but the rough log stuff I had to walk over - it just saps all my momentum. Wondering if I'll manage it this time, now I've got a full-susser to compensate for my lack of skills.... :lol:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Mrs Toast wrote:
    but the rough log stuff I had to walk over - it just saps all my momentum. Wondering if I'll manage it this time, now I've got a full-susser to compensate for my lack of skills.... :lol:

dont let anyone tell you anything else but thats the best reason to own a FS!! i couldnt imagine doing those rough logs on a HT but thats because im rubbish!
  • deadliest
    Look forward to the piccies on the blog and updated map of joy ( I Am considering my own Pin Board and MOJ purely based on the fact I am going to Afan for the weekend )

And Full sus does allow you to pick lines that a hardtail would have dumped you on the ground for choosing . . . And you also need the brakes less but I have a feeling you will be finding this out on your travels round Cannock in the near future

• Chaz.Harding
    Chaz.Harding Posts: 3,144
    Off on a slight tangent, but whats the stuff at Cannock like?

I've fancied going before, but never gotten round to it. Must. Try. Harder... :D
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • Mrs Toast
    XC-wise, quite varied, even just on Follow the Dog (the red route, starting at Birches Valley or Marquis Drive visitors centre.). It's a good little trail (about 7/8 miles), on the easy end of the red spectrum - the first couple of sections are closed at the moment for maintainence. It does get very busy at weekends however.

If you're adventurous and confident of your abilities, however, there's a lot more stuff over there than that though.

Best bet for finding out about the [Hilary Briss]"Special Stuff"[/Hilary Briss] is to help with a build day (most Sundays), or to tag along with the regulars - they're normally pretty friendly, it's not just local rides for local people! ;) The rides are normally listed on the Chase Trails forum.

The new red route (Phase II) is shaping up to be fairly awesome, and will hopefully be open near the end of summer (depends how many people they get helping to build it! ;)). It'll be harder than FtD, more of a 'proper' red route.

There's also the downhill courses at Stile Cop, but I don't know much about them I'm afraid.
  • elPedro666
    elPedro666 Posts: 1,060
    Mrs Toast wrote:
    but the rough log stuff I had to walk over - it just saps all my momentum. Wondering if I'll manage it this time, now I've got a full-susser to compensate for my lack of skills.... :lol:

dont let anyone tell you anything else but thats the best reason to own a FS!! i couldnt imagine doing those rough logs on a HT but thats because im rubbish!

My fully rigid Ibis gets over it okay. Usually...
    It was dark and raining last night :oops:
    WTD:
    Green Halo TwinRail
    25.0mm-26.2mm seatpost shim
    Red X-Lite bling
    Specialized ladies BG saddle (white?) 155mm
    RH thumbie
    700x28c CX tyres&tubs
    Flatbars 620mm 25,4mm & swept, ti in an ideal world