quick ebay thing

tardington
tardington Posts: 1,379
edited April 2009 in Commuting chat
Was looking at shimano XT M772 rear mech...

At edin bikes for £78.02, same on wiggle for £67.48...

But on eBay for only £42.99 - is this too good to be true?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SHIMANO-XT-SHADOW ... 240%3A1318

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,700
    Rutland are pretty reputable. It'll be OEM stock that hasn't been fitted to a bike rather than retail. Still carries a warranty etc though.
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    make sure it is the right cage length for your bike - also worth checking on whether or not it is the rapid rise one (sort of reverse action for firing to lower gears quickly - I am not sure if there is a difference in XT mech or whether it is just the shifter that is altered for rapid rise).
  • tardington
    Well, I've asked around I definately need the long cage... Top normal is the usual setting for gears - just the wee push so the spring pops it up, and the harder push against the spring to get an easier gear?

Um, what's OEM? :ignorant: :oops:
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    OEM - original equipment manufacture, or something similar. What the likes of Shimano etc supply to bike co's to fit on a bike as original equipment, hence no packaging instructions etc OEM is usually cheaper as the bike co./shop get huge discounts for bulk buying.

the XT shadow rear mech is seriously good btw, I fitted one last year and haven't had a rock strike since :lol::lol:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • tardington
    Cheers! In no way am I buying it cos it looks cool...
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    tardie wrote:
    Cheers! In no way am I buying it cos it looks cool...

and do we believe you.........................................
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2