Newbie saying hello

John1974
John1974 Posts: 6
edited April 2009 in MTB beginners
Thought i would pop in and say hello.

Need to regain control of my ever growing waist line so got myself a Saracen Trace 1 which i have just put together this afternoon and had a quick blast on it around a few local roads. Think i have a long hard battle ahead of me as i have never been fit since i learnt to drive some sixteen years ago.

Just waiting for my mates bike to turn up now and we will be heading out onto some nice local country side which we never get to see from the car.

Maybe i should have found this forum before i ordered the bike but never mind as it's more than good enough for me and my current level ( or lack off ) fitness.

Comments

• Furkuk
    Furkuk Posts: 71
    Welcome :D
    Remember that any bike is good for you. Just get out and have fun and the fitness will follow. :D
    Now the owner of a GT Aggressor XC 3
  • Si78
    Si78 Posts: 963
    hi and welcome!
    im a newbie here too, and ive found people here to be friendly and really helpful.

I agree with Furkuk...any bike is good for you :D

Si
    Why has my sig been removed by the admins???
  • Mark\' 62
    Mark\' 62 Posts: 40
    Welcome John, ive only just joined and it does seem a good site, im in the same boat as you just getting back on a bike, sore bum and sore legs to come :lol:
    growing old is compulsory

growing up is optional
  • John1974
    John1974 Posts: 6
    Well it's started, got my bike all nice and muddy over the local woods today. Did about 1.5 miles this morning then about 3.5 miles this afternoon when my mate came around. Lets just hope this good weather keeps up as im enjoying this 8)