Hello, another newbie from North Wales

Strawceri
Strawceri Posts: 16
edited April 2009 in Women
Hello Ladies,

I have never had a mountain bike before, I have just bought, the 4500 Trek WSD. It was a choice between this one and the Myka Specialized Elite. I chose the Trek because it doesn’t have disc brakes but the ability to fit some at a later date...

Have i made the right decision??

Thank you for your time :D

Ceri x

Comments

• dangermoo
    dangermoo Posts: 14
    Hello,

You've made a good first choice so don't worry. I started off with the 4500 what seems like many years ago now, for the simple reason that the frame is good (the parts are a bit pants), but if you put money in the frame you can upgrade later.

Mine got to the point 5 months down the line that the frame was the only original thing left on it, so i sold it and went to a Scott Scale 30 after that and now i've gone full sus with a Lapierre Spicy 516 and a Zesty 714 so i'd recommend starting saving, as now you've got the bug you'll notice a rapid decrease in your bank balance, or is that just me?!
    Trek 4500
    Scott Scale 30
    Lapierre Spicy 516
    Lapierre Zesty 714
    Scott Speedster
    Lapierre R Lite
    Soon to be added Lapierre Pro Race or Froggy 718 if i can convince the hubby!
  • Strawceri
    Strawceri Posts: 16
    Haha thanks for that i needed some reassurance on my purchase... I have noticed a massive decrease in my bank already just with buying accessories. x
  • dangermoo
    dangermoo Posts: 14
    Yep that's where they get me, anything red and anodised and it's a case of "where do i sign?"
    Trek 4500
    Scott Scale 30
    Lapierre Spicy 516
    Lapierre Zesty 714
    Scott Speedster
    Lapierre R Lite
    Soon to be added Lapierre Pro Race or Froggy 718 if i can convince the hubby!
  • Mrs Toast
    Mrs Toast Posts: 636
    My first mountain bike nearly two years ago was the Trek 4500 WSD, great bike! After about 9 months I upgraded to disc brakes (Avid Juicy 3s, a birthday present from Mr Toast), and a set of 2nd-hand Rebas to replace the fork.

Although I'm very attached to it, I realised it was a little on the short side for me, and recently (as in this weekend just gone!) upgraded to a Stumpjumer FSR Elite. I'm plotting on turning my Trek into my commuting bike, so he doesn't get too sad sat in the shed.
  • Ditch Witch
    Ditch Witch Posts: 837
    How are you finding your Stumpjumper?
    I ride like a girl
    Start: 16.5.x Now: 14.10.8 Goal: 11.7.x
    www.ditchwitch.me.uk
    www.darksnow.co.uk
    Specialized HardRock Pro Disc 04
  • Mrs Toast
    Mrs Toast Posts: 636
    How are you finding your Stumpjumper?

Awesome, really, really nice ride. I'm getting some MG1 pedals for it, and planning on getting some chunkier grips as the ones on it are a bit weedy, but other than that it's perfect!